Question regarding the board, itself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kylesmom, Dec 28, 2005.

1. kylesmom

kylesmom New Member

I have found (in the mere month I've been hanging out here) that I find it very difficult to wade through and process all the posts. I believe someone said that there once were separate forums within the board, but then it was reduced to one large forum. Is there a reason that we don't/can't have things subdivided a bit, like many other message boards? I truly don't think I can get much out of the board the way it is, because I get too lost in all of the posts. I would love to continue to participate and benefit from all of your amazing knowledge, but right now, it's just too hard.

Thoughts?
  2. Mamalovinit

Mamalovinit New Member

I was here when they had all the other boards and that was nice but really you can get use to it.

If your looking for only medical info. it will basically be one of the post. Just like before.

If it is OT it mean off topic.(not medically related.
    Could be a joke or something personal. Everyone starts to feel like friends and you tend to want to share with them.

Most people come here to share something medical. Support from someone that knows what they are going through. Share things that may help them.

If it is religious, people will put that in their title. That way if you don't want to look you don't have to.

So the only wading you have to do is read down the list.
    Sometimes I get swamped with all the health stuff and I will just go down and look for OT subjects. Other days I may be trying to find info on things that help. So I'll skip the OT stuff.
    Hope that helps.
    M
  3. Remnant

Remnant New Member

I visit 3-4 message boards, and they're all different. After awhile of getting aquainted with the process of each one, it's no longer an issue. I just recently figured out how to use the Dr search here! lol
  4. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I was here when the Board had more divisions and I liked it much better. I use to go to the Board for religion, lupus, and depression. The discussion was defintely more to the point on topics (does that make sense? Foggy brain tonight).

After the consolidation of Boards, I tried other groups. However, I found this Board to be the easiest to use and have come here regularly most every night to keep up with what's going on.

You'll get use to names and be able to tie names with problems and concerns soon if you stay with this Board. I hope that you do as the more people that post, the more we all learn.

Warm wishes, Jeannette

PS, I fogot to mention that I miss the moderators, they use to be much more active when the Boards were smaller and more. Also, you might e-mail the webmaster as to your preferences, maybe I will! I don't know if it would do much good. It may be that having all the Boards was just too much work for the webmaster. Understandable. Overall, this is an excellent site.[This Message was Edited on 12/28/2005]