Question: Should I try ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elizajane40, Oct 28, 2005.

1. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

Should I try to regain some of the life I lost to Fibro? I had to quit a very high pressure job and take and entry level position at another company. I like it here and I am feeling a bit better now. Question is there is a team lead position open. Should I go for it? I'm scared that I will relapse!
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You like your new job and you feel better...that's great. Do you need the money? Are you bored with your new position? Do you just want to work again a little more up to your abilities? I just don't know what to say.

I'm sure you don't want to feel awful again, physically, so I would give that some thought. Also, you might be able to try the new job with the understanding if it makes you feel worse, you could return to your present job. I don't know if that's possibe. Is it?

I think if I made enough money and felt better, I probably would just stay put, but that's me now, older and feeling far worse than when I was younger. I guess it's just your call. Good luck with your decision.

Sue
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

right up the corporate ladder... When I first got sick I was bedridden for a year..

I worked back into the work force little by little till I'm now working in a directors position more than full time.. I'm doing it but certainly not to the ability I would have pre CFS/Fibro..

Now I'm looking at where I want to be in a few years time.. I know I can't keep up this pace forever.. for now I make the money I need to pay the bills and have good health insurance..

I worry all the time that I'm going to screw something up with my memory problems.. I'm 45.. I still have a few years before I can look at retirement..

I would rather look into doing something less stressful on my own then getting my self fired down the road because I can't keep up this pace..

So far I've been really lucky. There have been times I've been in ER or whatever and have missed.. but in all my attendance has been pretty good.. but I'm tired to the bone.. and everyday is a struggle.

There are days that it is very, very hard to come to work.

I understand your need to move up.. I'm the same way.. but becareful what you get yourself into..

Good luck!
    Dona