Question: SSD Denial Letter Content

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Aug 3, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I'm sure some or most of you have received ssd denial letters, which I did. I know that I need to appeal for ALJ Hearing, 3rd time, but have a question about my letter.

It states that the evidence they received shows my conditions causes some work-related restrictions but does not prevent me from doing other types of work.

What is amounts to, to me that is, is that I have too much education and am too young for SSD, LOL! OK, I know this is not true but hey; that's what it is telling me.

Anyone have any advice about what I can or need to do? Like I said, I am going to appeal for ALJ and get representation but thought someone may have some ideas that have experienced this.

Would appreciate ANY information,

BlueSky555
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

that is a standard letter. From what I have heard they all say that, mine did too.

Good luck with your hearing. Do you have a lawyer.

I was lucky, had good dr and letters and got it on my second time. No lawyer, no judges. It took 8 months from start to back pay check.

Hang in and don't give up-Carla
  3. srollins

srollins New Member

i am sorry you have been denied again. i too went through this and i know how it feels. without the help and support of my husband i would have given up especially after the third time. the task and all that was involved was just more then i felt i could handle.

anyway my dear i think you are already on track. you run(don't walk) to a lawyer that does this kind of work.i found a women and she was so great! the best advice i can give you is............................................. if that attorney tells you to stand on your head then.........YOU stand on your head! they will tell you everything you need to do to help with your case. mine sent me to a shrink for testing due to my depression and then she stayed in touch with the shrink to make sure she got from him what she needed.

there were times that i felt like she was asking too much of me but i hung right in there and followed her lead to the letter. i knew that i had been awarded ss before i ever left the building that day.

bottom line is just keep at it , get that attorney lined up and go from there.
    you have absolutly nothing to loose!

hugs,
    shirley
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I think that its the same for all the denials.

Mine said the same.So I went to ALJ and got my law firm.

ALJ judge could not believe I was there.She and her medical expert agreed with my doctors and that there was no job out there I could do.

I got a bench approval in Sept.I told my lawyer so the system they use for SSD does not work.I spent all this energy and money and I should have been approved from the get go.She looked at m,e and said yes.

Thats why the judge could not believe I was there.I had all very good documentation .Letters from my former employer on how I had tried several times to return but just could not do it.

Oh I also told the judge who in there right mind would fake being ill and give up a job they loved and a salary of 4900.00 a month for 704.00 a month .

Good Luck
    Sue
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I just wanted to thank ALL of you that responded; good information as I needed something to go on, even though I knew I would have to take the next step.

I suppose SSD does make mistakes; they had on my letter that I had stomach cramping.....I have NEVER complained to any of my Drs. about this, DUH!!!

THANK you ALL so much, I feel better about things after reading the responses,

BlueSky555
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

Just tell them that ,
    ..yes,..you probably could find another job with the skills you have, BUT,.your boss will have to be pretty understanding of your need to miss a day or 2 a week because your illness limits your ability to work period.

No matter what line of work I do,..I'm sick at least once a week minimum.

when I appealed my case a few yrs ago thats what I wrote on the extra lines/space on my paperwork.

also,... some of the meds that you NEED to function make you very tired and impair your thinking~
    (just a suggestion)
    Its all true for me. It might help you to.
    I hope so.
    best of Luck!! and keep fighting!!
    Hugs
    Tandy

7. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

BlueSky;

Sorry to hear about your denial letter. Hang in there and get the lawyer. I have just filed myself as you know and today had my medical eval. they seem like cold people. You have given me advice and I want to be able to help you.

Most everyone gets denied- don't give up and some people I have heard have to go through a few times. Don't let them win..... You did not ask to get ill.

Hugs
    Janet
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Another thank you for the latter responses; much needed advice and much needed support.

Thank you guys SO much,

BlueSky555
  9. netnut

netnut New Member

I got the standard denial letter too and it really irked me. One of the things it said in it was that I handled stress appropriately. Oh my heavens! I have bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder and PTSD along with my physical disorders! If there is one thing I dont do well its handle stress well. I would love for the SSA to come see my house because I have punched holes in my walls and Im a cutter. My therapist about died when she saw that letter. Any stress at all sends me round the bend.

I have no idea where they get thier information but it must be pulled from outerspace.
  10. sisland

sisland New Member

Keep at it my Dear ! Don't give in! that's what they want you to do! you need this or you wouldn't have applied for it in the first place!! I know it's so frusterating!!..............................Hugs.....Sisland
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

don't give up and get an attorney at this point..ask if they can go all the way to the supreme courts if need be...mine could one of five in the bay area....

do you deal w/depression or anxiety? if you do go see a psychologist of psychiatrist...

and what is your age, if you don't mind me asking..?

the older you are the better you are at getting approved...

check out that website great info...

jodie
  12. grace4u

grace4u New Member

Dear netnut. My daughter is a cutter also. I understand depression, for I have it. I would like to better understand being a cutter so that I can try to be of more help to her. If you don't mind sharing. Loce grace
  13. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I am bumping this for grace4u - question for netnut AND

for a question from 69mach1: I don't mind telling you that I am 52 and yes, I am seeing a psychologist for depression and anxiety. The problem is that I began seeing psy. in May, 06, and SSD had medical records from only 2 visits, and I have been to 3, which is a short period of time.

There is more information from another physician I have been seeing that wasn't listed on that letter.

Again, thank you for the information,

BlueSky555