QUESTION: TO BE OR NOT TO BE..............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HOUSEOFBLUES, Nov 4, 2002.

1. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Just curious.....
    All I keep hearing from my Docs is that losing weight and exercising will help my Fibro, (because I am over-weight).
    What about people without a "weight" issue?
    Are you feeling any better because you're at a healthier weight? Or does weight have nothing to do with how you feel with this disease?

THANKS,
    HOUSEOFBLUES

[This Message was Edited on 11/04/2002]
  2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Just curious.....
    All I keep hearing from my Docs is that losing weight and exercising will help my Fibro, (because I am over-weight).
    What about people without a "weight" issue?
    Are you feeling any better because you're at a healthier weight? Or does weight have nothing to do with how you feel with this disease?

THANKS,
    HOUSEOFBLUES

[This Message was Edited on 11/04/2002]
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I could DEFINITELY lose some pounds!!
    Love,
    Kady
  4. 2girls

2girls New Member

hi -

I don't beleive weight is an issue regarding fms. In fact
    I have trouble keeping weight on (lost 25lbs in one month,
    probably due to stress). I am currently at 113lbs and feel
    probably just as bad at times as everyone else. I do try
    to take daily walks, which helps.

bye - 2girls
  5. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

I've been told this too, but I can't seem to lose any. And exercise is out of the question...enough to lose weight, I mean. Do they tell people with other diseases if they lost weight they might feel better?? I don't think. I mean maybe it is true, but it is not happening with me, no matter what I do.
    Frustrated too,
    Duff
  6. JLynne

JLynne New Member

but i'm only 5'1, and 110 pounds to begin with! I dont think that weight has anything to do with it. I agree with Duff; doctors dont tell cancer patients to lose weight in order to be healthier, so i dont think it applies to Fibro. Plus, you have to be careful with excercise; I've learned the hard way that it can do more harm than good.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
    Jessica
  7. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

this is a good ? I am 26 years old three kids.was DX in summer, and have lost 15 pounds my weight is 118 pounds. I don't think weight is a factor, but that is only my opinion. I have good days, and bad days stephanie
  8. RoseTx

RoseTx New Member

That tells me if I would lose weight and get up and move around a little bit I would probably feel better had better protect his private parts. Does that answer your question? Hugs, Rose
  9. melksng

melksng New Member

Hi,
    My mother and i both have fibro, Many doctors have told her that if she lost weight she would feel better in no time, that is just not true. I have never had a weight problem and still have lived every day of my life with pain and so does my mother. It does not matter what size you are, large medium or small
    Hugs....Mel
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have recently lost about 15 pounds (over about 4 months) and I'd like to lose about 10 more...has it helped my FM? No, I can't see any difference at all...I was hoping to see a reduction in some of my back pain, anyway, but not so far...

Pam
  11. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

is weigt the issue, I have no problem losing it just the other way around...I am tipically 100-130 and I am tall for the people that I know in that range, I am just trying to make the wind not touch my bones most of the time
  12. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

I am loosing some and don't feel better physically, but do mentally. Exercize, though, does seem to help. I may only be able to do it a few times a week, but it makes me feel like I really accoplished something, and mental health is important to physical health.
  13. JodyMills

JodyMills Guest

I never had a weight problem until a series of 3 bad car accidents in a row. I've never been the same since. I started slowly gaining weight and no kind of dieting seemed to help. I would lose 5 in a week only to gain it back in a matter of days. I don't know if its the FM or all the medications that I'm on. Right now, I've just given up hope of ever being my old self.

Jody
  14. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

for your input. These Male docs are something else!
    Time for me to try a Woman Doc and see if there's any difference in attitude.....

LOVE,
    HOUSEOFBLUES