Question To Those 'Naturally' Knowledgable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Jan 9, 2007.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I want to know if there is something you can get from the health food store which will tackle severe pain(the'you can't get out of bed pain'). I thought I'd heard you could get a natural source of valium??? Not sure what I heard. if anyone knows of anything, please let me know. I really don't want to know about anything except immediate pain relief. I've been in severe chroninc pain for way too long now, and have tried many preventative medicines, as well as try to alter my lifestyle. I'm just playing the waiting game now with docs. Thank you soo much for any help. From a desperate Mama, Laura
    PS Nap time, will check back late
    PSS type of pain-severe migraines(daily), aching from head to toe(daily)!
  2. California31

California31 New Member

Hope you get some intercession soon....good luck with your doctors in getting relief as soon as possible.
  3. abcanada

abcanada New Member

It's not only affecting my life, it's now dictating my life. I'm working on getting some of my lengthy refferals pushed up. I just did some looking and found cherry juice, which is something a naturopath recommended to me for another reason. I will get some. Also extra virgin olive oil & eating more Meditarainian style. Well the food appeals to me anyway, so will give it a try. Problem is cooking it...I have nooo energy. What are the BEST fish oil supplements? I've hesitated on that as I've had some terrible bouts of IBS & have heard we already get too much of one oil(I think it was 9)so to get a supplement without that in it. Correct me if I'm wrong. I will start on that too. A couple of days ago I had to put peanut butter & bread out for the kids as I couldn't even spread the peanut butter! I feel like an absolutely pathetic mother & can only pray I get some help ASAP! Thanks for all of yours...Laura
  4. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Anyone have a popular list of antioxidants. I do try to eat shrimp, blueberries(wild). Other ideas please. Thanks, Laura
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

There are a few natural anti-inflammatories that I've tried. Serrapeptase is an enzyme that must be taken on an empty stomach. I haven't used it for pain, though.

Another is butterbur, but you have to get it from a good quality manufacturer because there are pyrrolizidine alkaloids that must be removed; they can harm your liver. I've used these for bad cramps before and it worked.

White willow bark, the unpatentable version of aspirin, I've used for headaches.

MSM, methysulfonylmethane, aka organic sulfur is used for arthritis and muscle pain but I have only used it for detox. I haven't had any pains since I've been using it to try it on. I have read about people getting results immediatetly and also others that said it could take months. It's a good source of usable sulfur for the body, in any case. It's something your body needs, you can get deficient in it; here's a good article on it:

James Coburn and Robert Culp use it!

You could look these up and see if you want to try them.

best wishes,

6. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Serrapeptase was already mentioned, but there are a host of enzyme products out there. Blends like Vitalzym from World Nutrition and Virastop from Enzymedica have produced some amazing results.

My mom [71] has FM and is using Walmart "Rexall" enzymes, they're cheap but probably not as effective as the first ones I mentioned. Dr. William Wong N.D. says they:
    Reduce inflammation
    Dissolve fibrin blockages
    Disslove scar tissue
    Clean the blood
    Dissolve the isoprin (protien) coating on certain viruses

And of course they help with digestion.

Systemic enzymes are taken on an empty stomach.

You can also try the naturals:
    Melons, papaya, pineapple, kiwi are just a few.

Enzyme therapy isn't a drug to disconnect the pain receptors but may in fact rid the cause of your pain.
  7. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I'll look into the enzyme products as well. I could definately use the blood cleansing, as I had 2 blood clots 14-18 months ago. I've since been diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder 'Protien C Deficiency' and am prone to developing blood clots. Not a good combination with FM. Thanks for all the insight, Laura
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Laura, I'm in Canada too. one of the best fish oils is Nutra Sea from Nova Scotia. Also, soMe of the best enzymes for pain are The ProEnzyme P from Pro Health. They are almost the same as Wobenzym but much cheaper. I've been taking both of these for some time and they do help.

9. abcanada

abcanada New Member

Boy, there is so much out there that I have NEVER heard of before. I'm going to have to write all this down & take it to healthfood store & get someone there to help me out. I really don't take anything other than multivitamins & ester c & prescribed drugs, which rather not take. I have had severe IBS lately, so haven't tried glucosamine or oils. I don't need any more aggrevation. I really apprecite all the great feedback. Take care, Laura
  10. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

Try some Black Cohosh tincture. It's often give for rheumatic complaints.

Also taking Milk Thistle and Burdock root will help to retore your liver and build vitality back into your body. You have to take them for a while, you won't get instant results. Also some Nettle root or Dandelion root mixed in is a good idea. [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2007]
  11. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Laura,

You may want to consider Cetyl Myristoleate (CMO). The following is from an online article I found:

""CMO has been shown to improve the symptoms of and even put into remission: rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Reiter's syndrome, Behcet's syndrome, Sjögren's syndrome and psoriasis. It has also been found to relieve various types of back pain of undetermined origin (probably arthritis related).""

There's much more that could be said about it. My understanding is that it has been shown to be effective for a wide variety of pain disorders. MSM can also be very effective.

Regards, Wayne
    [This Message was Edited on 08/07/2008]