Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Sep 4, 2002.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hey yall!
    I need your advice.....from those who have dealt with this. Should I find and go to a Rheumatologist? Are they the ones specifically for fibro and such?
    Right now, since I fired my neurologist yesterday, I only am seeing my primary care doctor. Would it be better for me if my disability went to appeal process?

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  2. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hey yall!
    I need your advice.....from those who have dealt with this. Should I find and go to a Rheumatologist? Are they the ones specifically for fibro and such?
    Right now, since I fired my neurologist yesterday, I only am seeing my primary care doctor. Would it be better for me if my disability went to appeal process?

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  3. Deana

Deana Guest

I see one and I really like him.
    Like the last reply my Dr has really been truly compassionate and is always trying to find me the right combo to ease pain. Although he never mentions curing he just says lets see how me can help you.

Id tell you go for it.

Deana
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

to have found a wonderful Rheumatologist in Winston-Salem, N. C. which is about 45 minutes drive from here. He is THE most sympathetic, understanding, gentle, sweet, informed MAN I've ever met....and to boot, he's actually a doctor, too!!! Go figure. I think I deserve this 'cause I've dealt with some of the worst doctors in my 29 years of poor health. If you can find an understanding Rheumy, I'd say he'd be much more informed about "our" needs.
    Good luck to you!