Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamama, Jun 14, 2003.

1. mamama

mamama New Member

Can you be diagnosed with mono just because you have the Epstein Barr virus in your body? Since Feb. I have episodes of tiredness and achiness, like the flu. My legs really ache bad at the peak. The episodes start gradually, worsen, and get better gradually...usually over a 3 day period. A couple of weeks ago I was diagnosed with mono. I'm wondering if I could have CFS and just tested positive for mono because of the Epstein Barr virus in my system. My symptoms don't seem to be classic mono symptoms. They say it's viral and will run its course. If so, I'm hoping the course is about at the end. Thanks for any comments. Cathy
  2. mamama

mamama New Member

Yes, my dr. does blood work regularly. I had been taking a multivitamin-mineral with 100% iron. Then I read that if you're post-menopausal you don't need iron supplementation. Then I started on one w/o iron. Then I decided to use one that at least gives 50% supplementation of iron.
    I was diagnosed with breast cancer in Nov. 2000. I had a lumpectomy and radiation treatments. I've been on Tamoxifen since then(for 5 yrs.total). I never even experienced fatigue during my treatments. I guess there are just a lot of questions when something like this all of a sudden crops up. Of course, I am monitored closely through blood tests and such for any recurring cancer.
    These episodes of tiredness and achiness seem to recur to the point that I started documenting it when it happened more than twice since Feb. Had an episode last week and this week. Still trying to figure out if physical exertion has a play in it.
    Thanks for your reply.