Questions about herbal/natural antibacterials

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DLsGroovyMoM, Oct 29, 2005.

1. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

I have a girlfriend who has a child who is literally allergic to EVERYTHING...there are only 2 anitboitcs he can take and is showing signs of becoming allergic to them as well. He has a HORRIFIC impetigo (sp) that the antibiotics won't clear up. It looks so awful, it is painful to him. He is just over 2years old. I know I have read lots here about some of you taking herbs and stuff as antibacterial/virals. Of course she would check with the doc first but I wanted to give her some things to check into. She was told about topical tea tree oil...any others you can point me too?
    Thanks for the help.
  2. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

talk to the doc and look for info on dosing b4 she gave him anything. I am just trying to help her find some other alternatives as this poor little poor is so sick all the time and has major reactions to most meds and food. He constatnly has horrific sinus infections and this rash that has recently gotten so bad...I saw pics today and his poor little legs are like raw hambuger meat. Poor baby.
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I would talk to doctor about using garlic, Tea tree oil can be very hard on some skin types. I can not use very much of it because it drys and burns my skin. I have used tea tree oil for years but very little at a time and not for long periods. Maybe aloe (the plant)would help more it doesn't dry or burn my skin and I can use it for longer periods of time. Just my two cents worth hope he gets well soon poor little guy.
    Dee50
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

There is a new product called Allimax, a garlic supplement. It has something called Rescue Spray which can be used for skin conditions. The brochure says that the spray is safe for children.
    It also comes in capsules but not sure if they can be used for children. This stuff has been tested in double-blind placebo controlled studies. Keep it in mind for yourself. It is an antibiotic,antifungal and antiviral.

Best of luck

Kathy.
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

and might have good advice about little ones and their use. My son was very allergic to many things but had a yeast infection that was mistreated as plain diaper rash for a long time.
    I finally found a doctor that had a
    cream made up for him and it cleared it in just days. If you have any free ads in your area, or Craig's List is free and you just put that and your area in your search. Place an ad asking for recommendations for the BEST pediatrician in your area. Most people are glad to share. Just did this edit to add that a dermatologist might work too.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/30/2005]
  6. shelbo

shelbo New Member

of a reaction. Natural stuff can be extremely potent. Love Shelbo
  7. chantoozy1

chantoozy1 New Member

disgroovymom
    I too am allergic to everything synthetic and have both a naturalpath and a MD/naturapath they have been doing trials here in Australia on Virgin Coconut oil must be cold pressed and organic. It can be used topically for rashes i had a spider bite for over 6 months until I applied the coconut oil 2 applications and it has disappeared - I also had a bad case of candida again applied topically it took car of the rash and I now take 3 tablespoons a day - certainly not unpleasant unless you hate coconut it has cleared my excema and certainly has helped with my thoriod and CFS. I hope this helps your son you can find info on net good luck!