questions about high blood pressure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, May 30, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Tonight my blood pressure was 156/85 & my heart rate was 84

Earlier in the day at work I felt "out of sorts'--not sick but not well either, not quite dizzy~~~just overall felt "weird" and I've been having that feeling off and on for a couple of months. I take bp pills~~my dose is 5 mg of lisinopril in the morning and if at night I take a 2nd pill if it is over 140/85--which isn't very often. I've had this headache across my forehead for a couple of days.

does anyone else feel strange when their blood pressure rises?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many people don't feel strange when the BP goes up, but I do. I also get headaches when it is high. Your doc may need to add another med to help you control it. Good luck. And, yes, it is a good idea to keep a BP journal, taking it at different times during the day and with some resting and some active. That gives a good picture overall of how the BP is doing.

Love, Mikie
  3. deepak

deepak Member

I am giving my mom L-Arginine supplementation since 2 months- she used to have BP 140-150/90 and with L-arginine it is down to 120/80 - she does not need the medicines anymore !!

Btw , Dr Ignarro won the noble prize for his discovery of L-arginine for heart health.

Love,
    Deepak
  4. deepak

deepak Member

Hello :)

Well, if your BP falls too low , then I think you should be careful or ask the doc before taking L-Arginine.

L-arginine stimulates release of NO and dilates the arteries which is very good for the heart. But from my limited experience with my mom and some reviews I read it results in reduction in BP.

Hope you both are well :)

Love,
    Deepak