Questions about initial lyme testing

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by moreinfoplease, Apr 11, 2009.

1. moreinfoplease

moreinfoplease New Member

I recently asked my dr for a lyme test.

He ordered the western blot through quest diagnositcs, which came back nonreactive.

Doing more reading, I realize that what I need is the westerblot through IGeneX.

I emailed IGeneX about getting a testing kit for IgM and IgG westernblot (#188 and #189), and they mailed me one.

However, now that I see the list of tests included with the kit, I am wondering if I also need the Lyme IFA (#260) which they include with the basic lyme panel? What does this one test for?

The test kit they sent only has 2 tubes in it, so I don't know if I need to request another test from IGeneX or not?

I have a doctor's appointment on monday 4/13/09, and wanted to see if I could get this done then, but maybe should wait if the IFA test is important?

Any advise/info is appreciated. It is so hard to figure all this out with brainfog.

2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi,

Sorry I was not on the board over the Easter weekend, so I didn't see you question sooner.

You do not need a Lyme IFA, it's like a screen. You just need the #188 and #189, western blot IgG and IgM.

Get a copy of your western blot results and post them here. Do not let your Dr tell you it is negative without looking at the individual band results.

Come back again with any more questions!