Questions about itching, Endocrinologist versus Gastro Enterologi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joeb7th, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. joeb7th

    joeb7th New Member

    What's the difference bewteeen a gastro enterologist and a endocrinologist?

    Which one is better for testing and how are their tests different?

    I have had some test with the GI docs...but who is best for testing these things : gall bladder, pancreas, adrenal glands, thyroid etc?

    And what is good about having an endo test you and what do they look for? Hormones?

    Also, what is it when I go into one of my body nerve internal haywire feelings and my arms itch like crazy when these happen?

    It's the top of my fore arms and the backs of the elbows. Anybody know what this is from?

    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]
  2. joeb7th

    joeb7th New Member

    Also, notice legs getting weaker in last month. Thigh muscles sore and much weaker. My arm muscles feel the same...and very sore. I can touch certain areas on arms, shoulders and under arms and the pain is excrutiating.

    Is this weakness in my legs feeling my imagination?
  3. findmind

    findmind New Member

    Well, a Gi doc looks for problems in the GI tract, from throat to anus.

    The endocrinologist would test your hormones; thyroid, adrenal/cortisol, etc.

    Now, I believe thyroid problems can cause digestive symptoms, so they could be related.

    Think you need both, LOL!

    Am sure some bright mind will be here to answer you more thoroughly: I just wanted to be able to give you a BUMP!


[ advertisement ]