***Questions about Magnesium***

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Mar 14, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I just bought some Cal/Mag/Zinc....It is 1500 cal...750 mag...and 45 zinc...but it says serving size 3 tablets...

So if I were to only take 1 then I would get a third of this right...(brain fog)...

Anyways..Do you take it at night before you go to bed?? I thought I had read that somewhere...

And do you get any affects from taking it??? I am so sensitive to everything...That is why I am just going to start out with one...

Do you take it everyday??? Or do you have to take a break from it for a while???

Should I have gotten one without the zinc???

Sorry for a hundred questions...I just get a little nervous before I take something new...I just know a lot of people have said that this helps with their muscles...and I am in so much pain and my muscles are to tense...

Please help...

Thank you!!

[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2006]
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

It's good that the servings are broken into 3 pills because calcium doesn't absorb well in quatities larger than about 500mg at a time.

This is because it requires the acid in the stomach to break it down and bind it for absorption. But Calcium is itself very alkalin which neutralizes the stomach acid. So there has to be a good balance of acid and base for the calcium to absorb.

Because of this I recommend taking one pill three times a day (morning, noon, and night).

I don't know if the mag will make you sleepy though...

Hope this is helpfull!
    Sofi
  3. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I take magesium and also use magesium cream. I take half a daily dose in tablet form in the morning and the other half at night. Also, at night, I rub some magnesium cream into my thigh. I think it helps me sleep a little better.

It is possible to overdose on magesium, but you have to take a lot, and you will know if you do - you just feel more unwell.

If you are able to check out the threads on magesium on this message board, you will find several that talk about using the magesium cream as well as, or instead of, the tablets. Good luck.
  4. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks you guys...I think I will maybe try the half in the morning and half at night..See what happens..

And I will do a search on it and see what others said..

Take Care..
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

6. leomonkey

leomonkey Member

I take a liquid form of calcium/magnesium at night only as the magnesium helps with sleep. Also, because I take tetracycline on and off, the calcium should not be taken at the same time. For these two reasons, I have stuck to the one time slot.