Questions About Mercury

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pw7575, Oct 26, 2006.

1. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I am seeing lots of posts about Mercury. I am wondering how you go about getting a proper test done? I doubt any doctor will just agree to do it. But from what I am reading you have to get a specific test done with injection and then urine or something. How do you get the accurate test?

PLUS I have also read that you can be allergic to mercury so it wouldn't matter if you had high mercury levels or not cause any amount could make you sick. If that is the case do you also chelate and how do you know when to stop if it wasn't high levels but an allergy?

I am just trying to figure out how all of this works and how you know if you need to chelate or not.
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You may have to look for a doctor who will do the test. Sometimes a Naturopath will do it if your Doc won't. I don't know about mercury allergies although I guess it's possible.

If you are concerned about mercury in your system, chlorella is an excellent chelator. It's like a sponge for heavy metals like mercury. Just make sure you're not constipated!

I have posted this before but a very good resource is Detoxify or Die by Sherry Rogers.

Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/27/2006]
  3. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I will check into this. Is it ok to do some chlorella if you aren't sure about the mercury? I guess I need to see if I can find a doc who will do the test. I probably don't have mercury toxicity but I want to cover all my bases. I only have one filling but am trying to remember if we had mercury in class when I was little for science. For some reason I feel like I have a vague memory of us messing with some in school.

Thanks for the info!
    Pam
  4. yodasmom

yodasmom New Member

remember lost of mercury inifsh ep. farm raised salmon. swordfish and I would not touch tuna! Even the FDA warn on tuna..finally!