questions about methotrexate medrol for RA FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DustyCreekMom, Apr 13, 2007.

1. DustyCreekMom

DustyCreekMom New Member

I've read a lot of the posts on methotrexate but since there hasn't been any in the last month, thought I might get some of my questions answered.

I have RA and more recently the FM. I was on Mobic for awhile w/old rheumy but I felt that he ignored my continually increasing symptoms. Switched rheumys and was taken off Mobic, put on Medrol for 2 wks then he added methotrexate a few days ago. I think I'll be on both for a month until next visit. I'm not on any other pain meds other than otc aleve, etc.

Heres some questions:
    1. Could I really lose hair?! Like I told my rheumy (I have beautiful thick long blonde hair) my hair is all I feel I have left! I can't lose it! I was prednezone and lost hair w/it a year ago, I was not happy it hardly helped me anyway.

2. Is is possible to lose weight on these? I've gained 60lbs in last 2 yrs and I can't stand it anymore(knees/hips can't either)

3. Moonface/chipmonk cheeks, I won't get that in a month, will I?!

4.Does anyone think the mtx works for FM at all or is it for the RA only?

6. What are the long term benefits of Medrol, if any?

I guess that's about all I've got for now.

By the way, I really appreciate reading everyone's stories. Reading them makes my life feel a little more normal knowing I'm not alone.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2007]
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

this back up top for you,..
    and anyone who can help here??

3. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

for severe psoriasis for almost a year..I didnt lose any hair that you would notice, worse side effects are tiredness and feeling sick..I would eat ameal before taking it and then take it just before bed and that helped with the side effects.

I dont know how it will effect fms..you need to make sure you have regular blood test when on mtx.