Questions about morning pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, Jun 14, 2006.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

Every morning when I wake up and actually throughout the day, I have severe pain in the bottom of my feet when I stand up. I usually have swelling in my ankles daily, left being worse than my right. The feeling that I get in the bottom of my feet is a painful pressure. It's the wierdest thing.

I sit during the day infront of a computer at work. So each time I stand up I have this initial pain. It usually lasts for a minute or so.

Anyone else experience this? I have a feeling it is due to the swelling. I will even sleep w/my feet up all night to reduce swelling and still wake up swollen w/this foot pain.

Just curious if I'm the only victim to this "semi new" symptom of FM.

Hugs to all,
    Shawn
  2. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

I have am pain almost every day but the swelling I do not have and depending on age and health and family hystory this could be something you may want to ask your dr about, it might just be from extra water in the body or could be more I would most certainly ask your dr about it. Better to be safe..... Hope things get better for you take care soft huggs

Beth
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

My pain is "terrible" in the mornings; I feel as if I won't live another day. But, after I take my med and it gets into my system, I am able to at least endure some of it. (I have FM and a lot of it is due to spinal problems/surgeries also).

My right foot does not bother me as much as the left one. It was hurting really bad and seemed to be shifting around on the bottom of my foot, mostly around the heel area. My ankles did not swell.

When I went to Dr. he injected some kind of medication to the bone, ouch!, it felt really good for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, it's back so I'm just dealing with it for now.

He really didn't give me an answer as to what is was; wouldn't you know? I was so focused on "getting out of there" I forgot to ask.

Take care and I hope you get some answers,

BlueSky555
  4. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Foot problems were one of my earliest symptoms a few years ago. I'd get out of bed and hobble to the bathroom. It would settle down after walking for a while and then if you sat, it would flare up again but not quite so bad.

I also had swelling around my left ankle. Since I've been tested for everything under the sun and all is negative, the only thing I can attribute it to is the FM. I don't have the problem right now, but I bet it will show up again at some point.

I'd let you Dr. know about this recent symptom anyway. It's always good to keep them informed.

All the best.

Eileen