Questions about New Airline Regulations "No water"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zenouchy, Sep 5, 2006.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for responding to my message! I'm not even travelling for another month, but I'm already having a mini freak out over the new airline regulations, specifically the "no-water" thing.

I take a lot of meds (don't most of us here?)and am supposed to stay very hydrated (again, aren't most of us here....?) and am used to taking my own water with me on the plane. I would always take one bottle of water in my purse and another bottle of water in my carry-on bag, so I didn't have to rely on the flight attendants to get water to me when it was convenient. (In fact, many times, on shorter flights, the flight attendants didn't have time to get drinks out at all.) Well, of course, with the new airline regs, I can't take my water with me anymore, and that makes me extremely uncomfortable.

So, for anyone who has flown since the "no-liquid" rule, I'm hoping you can put my mind at ease and tell me that the flight attendants are sensitive to this issue and get water out faster. If not, oy vey! Thanks for any and all info!

Hope you all feel as well as possible and have a great day.

Warmly,

Erika

2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i used to always pack water...for the family..

just need to make sure we get liquified before hand...and maybe take shorter trips.lol

jodie
  3. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

Have some water before you go through security.

Buy a small bottle to have while you're waiting to board.

When you board the plane, speak to a flight attendant on your way to your seat and let them know that you take a lot of medication and ask if they could possibly give you a bottle (or if you fly Southwest a can of water) ASAP.

When you ask early and ahead of time, they are usually happy to be accomodating.

But yes, you will have to dump before security at the airport and before boarding the plane even when what you bought was purchased after going thru security.

Give yourself one extra hour on top of your "normal" airport times because of all the idiots who can't follow the new regulations and will hold up the lines because they "forgot" about this and that in their carry-on bags.

If it's a prescription liquid - I carry an EpiPen and an Inhaler make sure it has a prescription label that is current and in your name.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Thank you very much, Mystic, Mach and Mme for the sound advice and encouragement.

Indeed, I will be drinking a lot of water prior to boarding. (And how convenient for the airports! They are certainly profiting from all of the extra sales of water, aren't they?) Letting the flight attendant know I need water early on is a great idea.

It also sounds like they're more sensitive to the water issue in the first place too, so that's encouraging as well.

Thanks much everyone for the help! Have a great day and feel good, Erika
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  5. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

My questions were answered before I asked. I will be flying home to Boston from Florida in a few weeks and was panicing myself about this situation.

If I absolutley have to, I will take my medication without any water and try to swallow everything.

Thanks for the info.

Eileen