questions about pain meds, muscle relaxers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caperkat, Apr 14, 2006.

1. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I wonder what has worked for others in terms of Skelaxin, Tizanidine (also a muscle relaxer), and also tylenol vs ibuprofen such as Motrin or Advil. Any of these I would be combining with tramadol. Any help is very much appreciated. I need relief.

kat
  2. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Mortin and Advil are anti-inflammatories, not muscle relaxers. Tylenol is a pain and fever reliever, not an anti-antiflammatory ....

For any drug interactions, you need to check with a doctor or other medical professional.

Xanax is a really good muscle relaxer, although it is rather addictive. I've had really good experience with it using it for muscle spasms, panic attacks and much more.

-- Ellikers
  3. caperkat

caperkat New Member

i also take 30 mg cymbalta, Abilify & Lamictal (for depression & mood swings). I haven't had any relief with the Motrin & tramadol, so I think I'm going to switch back to tylenol with the tyramadol, so at least I can supplement all that with anything additional, that would normally wouldn't be taken with Motrin/ibuprofen.

kat
  4. srh

srh New Member

I tried Skelaxin and flexeril both and the only thing that helps me is xanaphlex. I take 8 mgs at nite, ativan, a calcium and my husband insists on 2 ibuprofen or aleve although I don't think aleve works at all.

I only have darvocet for pain, and I combine either aspirin, excedrin, or tylenol with it when i take it. I know everyone that it will get my innards.

Maybe that way I can be upstairs! looking down on all of you painfree. Just Kidding.
  5. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Caperkat: How are you doing now?