Questions about Paint and Chronic Fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I painted a little yesterday (just cutting in the edges, not rolling) Today I feel just MISERABLE. Headache, body aches, feeling just flu like and awful - (I don't think I am getting the flu)

Anyway, did this ever happen to anyone with chronic fatigue??
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

Thanks Caledonia
  3. Sophiaz

Sophiaz New Member

yes doing anything with arms can kick up a flare or a crash. Also paint fumes can be a problem especially in cold weather where you can't air out a room for a few weeks with open windows and fans.

Low or more importantly ZERO VOC is the best (I heard low VOC was not all that much better than regular?) but I like color and don't know if they make VOC in colors now.

Years ago we painted a small room off the back of the house dark red. Took 4 coats, could've used another one and I did not go in there much or let the cats in there for over a month. The paint as it dried and outgassing, as previous poster mentioned, was horrible.

Will not do such a dark color every again unless they can make them less toxic.

Hope you recover from your painting...put fans in the room and if not bitter cold, crack some windows during the day at least and try to avoid the room..easier said than done in some homes I know.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

being around fresh paint kills me - it knocks me into my bed for weeks - the chemicals are SO bad for us.

Get someone else to do it for you if possible and dont go into the room til its dry, if you can be out of the house thats even better.