QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS BOARD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by northwoodssue, Dec 5, 2002.

1. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi Everyone:
    I have been on the board for about 2 weeks, and some questions have come up for me.
    First, I know I filled out a bio page, but can't find it for the life of me. I've been all over this board! Please help. I want to add my email address to it.
    Second: Is it "safe" to post your email on the board???? Am I paranoid? I'm afraid I'll get email from someone with not the best intentions. I find that most people on the boards I would trust, but is this still a good idea??????? I'm cautious by nature!
    Third: If I find someone who has alot in common with me and want to email her directly, how do I do it??? how do I get into the bio of other people???
    I guess that's about it. I know these seem simple to you but I'm new to all this.
    thanks alot for the help!!!
    northwoodssue
  2. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Hi Everyone:
    I have been on the board for about 2 weeks, and some questions have come up for me.
    First, I know I filled out a bio page, but can't find it for the life of me. I've been all over this board! Please help. I want to add my email address to it.
    Second: Is it "safe" to post your email on the board???? Am I paranoid? I'm afraid I'll get email from someone with not the best intentions. I find that most people on the boards I would trust, but is this still a good idea??????? I'm cautious by nature!
    Third: If I find someone who has alot in common with me and want to email her directly, how do I do it??? how do I get into the bio of other people???
    I guess that's about it. I know these seem simple to you but I'm new to all this.
    thanks alot for the help!!!
    northwoodssue
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I can help with some of your questions! First off....I checked your Bio and there is'nt one.(must of got lost?)And to check anyones bio,just click on their name ,if their name is underlined then theres a bio,or should be?? You have to be logged in too,otherwise it won't work.
    As for posting your e-mail addy....I did'nt &would'nt,simply b/c its information thats in your bio that anyone can get too.(I'm just not that trusting!)
    Hope this helped some~
    Tracey
  4. momof3dancers

momof3dancers New Member

Hello there northwoodssue,
    I am new here as well and to answer your questions i will try to do this to the best of my ability
    1. nere the top of the page ...it should say..
    you are logged on as: (your screen name here)
    view/edit profile (the view/edit profile should be "clickable" and you should be taken to your profile page)
    2.as far as posting your email that is a personal prefence that only you can answer for yourself
    3.if you want to check someone elses profile/bio you should be able to click on their name by the message they leave.. this will only work if you are actually signed in .. not a a guest but w/ your user name
    I hope that this helps you a little
    Sincerely,
    Shannon
    momof3dancers
  5. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Tandy : I tried to do my bio as you said, and it would not take. I got an "error" screen with an email to notify someone so I sent the email in. I have an imac, not a pc. Wonder if that is it???? I typed for quite a while with a good bio and to no avail. That must be what happened the last time. Awaiting the return email.
    I too am reluctant to post my email, but other's here do it.
    thanks again!.
    northwoodssue
  6. northwoodssue

northwoodssue New Member

Thanks for the answers, they were helpful. Please read my response to Tandy. for some reason, I can't get my bio to "take". I've tried twice. Any ideas?
    thanks again.
    northwoodssue
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

I can't help with the bio problem, except to say that sometimes the board has glitches and it is difficult to post. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it is quite frustrating, especially when you have spent a lot of time on a post, or in your case your bio.

As for the email questions. I don't post my email on here permanently. I have made many friends on the board and have been able to get their email addresses in a couple of ways. If the person has their email posted on their bio I'll use that way. Otherwise I will ask them to post theirs temporarily, or I'll post mine that way and remove it as soon as the other person has it.

I have done that often and never had a problem. I just go back and edit my email out of my message. I have made some good friends here and it's even better to be able to communicate with them off the board. They are a great source of support to me, in good times and bad.

Barbara