questions about web tv

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Oct 30, 2005.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I noticed someone said they had web tv in one of the posts.Is it expensive?Do you have to have special equiptment installed?Tell me about it.Thanks
  2. jerseybunny

jerseybunny New Member

guess that would be me.
    you can't buy the brand webtv anymore. it is called msntv i think. you can buy it at best buy and maybe a few other places. it is around $200 for the unit. the service is $25 a month. and so worth it!! i love my webtv.....simple to use..
  3. cindy41

cindy41 New Member

CHECK OUT THE MSN WEBSITE TOO. WHEN I HAD MINE THEY WERE OFFERING A REBATE AND THE UNIT WAS FREE AFTER THE REBATE. I THINK I HAD TO SIGN UP FOR A YEAR THOUGH.
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

the same as having a PC??? Would like to know the difference.

Thanks Sue
  5. cindy41

cindy41 New Member

You may also want to check out the E Machines. We found one on sale for 500.00 and they also offered another one for around 300.00. We bought ours a couple of months ago, and I can not tell any difference between it and a regular computer.
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have the antique model. Have had it since 98, I gave $98.00 and 49.00 for the keyboard..later on added the printer..It is very simple and have been very satisfied with it.. The newer ones you can send photos and do almost everything you would use a pc for..The only thing there are some sites that do not honor webtv..

I went computer shopping yesterday, but got so confused I came home to my antique wevtv..

Yes, they are very simple..I pay 9.95 a month for it plus my internet services of 19.95 ..The only thing it is very slow not sure how the new ones are and to that could be my internet services..The webtv you just plug it into your phone line and tv..When I was working we had to seperate phone lines but now that I don't work we only have the one, which when I am on the net it ties up the phone line but there is a setting that if you get a phone call it will interrupt and the call will come thru.

So for the money and my purpose I think its great...
    Phyl