Questions/ Chlamydia trachomatis and Chlymydia pneumonia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krissy888, Mar 24, 2007.

1. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

I have FMS and waiting for my results for Chlymydia testing. I was just wondering are both of these infections basically the same because Chlamydia trachomatis has three stages also. Can anyone tell me a doctor that treats for these infections with long term antibiotics? I know that it takes a very long time of get rid of these if they are chronic? Are there any side effects of taking antibiotics for so long?

I would really appreciate any info, Thanks
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

My bloodwork was positive for this. I am having long-term antibiotic treatment for this, as well as other things (Lyme, etc.) through the FFC. Throughout 2006 my doctor was rotating through antibiotics, and I have continued with the third antibiotic. I think I have been on it a little over a year. I was pretty leary of doing long-term antibiotic treatment because I've had such lousy side effects in the past. But strangely, I've had NONE this last year.
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Check out www.cpnhelp.org for more info on Cpn. My FFC testing showed I have high IgG & IgA titers. My IgM is not high. No one seems to know if these high titers are a sign of active infection. My FFC was not treating me with anything for the Cpn.

I was able to get Minocin from another doctor and started the www.roadback.org protocol last May. After about 3 weeks my TMJ was almost gone with ocassional flare-ups after sleepless nights. I'm a tooth grinder in my sleep.

After 8 weeks on Minocycline, I was able to quit Achipex for GERD. After 12 weeks, I said goodbye to 3 inhalers (albuterol, Flonase & Flovent) for asthma & allergies. After 16 weeks, NO MORE COSTOCHONDRITIS (chronic chest pain).

In early December, after 6 months of continious use, I stopped it for 2 weeks. Most of my symptoms came back 2 weeks later so I restarted for a 6 week pulse.

Unfortunately, a new doctor talked me into quitting Minocin in the middle of January when the 6 weeks was up. Most of my symptoms returned. I was so miserable so I kept complaining to this doctor. He was treating me for an active candida infection (IgM) with Diflucan.

After listening to my kvetching, this new doctor ended up refilling my prescription after I explained that I herx on Doxy and Minocin but not on Diflucan or Nystatin. Teenagers take Minocin long term for acne so why not treat CF/FM with it if it helps!

My candida IgG, IgM & IgA titers are all still high. My IgM was 5.0 when I started treatment with the diet and antifungals. The IgM has dropped considerably even though I was on Minocin the entire time. I do take a lot of probiotics and make my own yogurt. I rotate the probiotics between Threelac, Ultimate Flora Vajay-jay Support and Multi Flora.

Sorry, I don't know too much about c. trichomatis.
  4. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

Bumping this up for more info. How do you find a doctor willing to treat this????
  5. STEFFI43

STEFFI43 New Member

What are the symptoms of the problems you mention in your e-mail?

Thanks!!!

Steffi
  6. krissy888

krissy888 New Member

I get my results back this week. It was cultures. I think it is pretty much treated the same way as CP. My symptoms are FMS/CFS, stiff neck, Thryoid problems, immune dysfuction (overactive)

There is no symptoms with CT except tubal damage and infertility!. It also can cause immune dysfuction and possibly FMS.

Thanks.