Questions for ffc people

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cindye, Apr 22, 2006.

1. cindye

cindye New Member

My daughter has had three energy IV's and shots and an iron shot. She is on Chelated iron, Gamma grow, omega 3, release and renew,and rest and restore, dhea/pregnenolone. Yesterday she said her legs hurt and they are still hurting today. Has anyone else had this happen?

Also, if you were adversely affected by weather before you started the treatment, are you still affected, especially if you have shown signs of improvement? She seems to be sleeping a little better but has a way to go before it would be considered a good nights sleep. She has other supplements and prescrips to take but is adding them slowly so she does not crash before finals.

Have a good day. Thanks

Dorothy
  2. kel78

kel78 Member

When I went to the FFC, I had a late-morning IV treatment - which they told me was 'nutritional' but, I later discovered, actually contained a drug (colchicine). As soon as they removed the IV, a headache came on suddenly. During the 4-hour drive home, my chest began to hurt and the pain continued to increase throughout the day. By mid-evening, the pain was excruciating. I very nearly went to the ER, but as I knew from experience that they would keep me waiting for hours in a room by myself, I chose to suffer at home.

I can't be sure the IV treatment caused the unusually severe chest pain (I regularly have FM chest pain; this was worse), but I did see pain listed as a possible adverse effect of colchicine.

Mary
  3. kalina

kalina New Member

I don't know what's in the energy IV. I get the Viral Plus IVs, and sometimes they make my symptoms worse due to a Herxheimer reaction. I don't know if that's what is happening in your daughter's case, though.

Leg pain isn't an unusual symptom for us, but I wouldn't hesitate to give the FFC a call on Monday if her legs are still hurting to see if they have any suggestions.

You and your daughter are smart to add treatments slowly to avoid a crash at this crucial time for her. It must be tough trying to get through finals with this crud! Good luck!

Kalina