Questions for my Doctor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I am going to be seeing my CFS doctor on Friday. We are definitely going to be talking about antivirals and checking my hormones, but I would like to try to put together a strategic plan with regard to getting well also.

If anyone has any topics they would like for me to discuss, please let me know. I doubt I'll get to everything, but I am going to be seeing him for a whole hour on this trip and so should be able to get to a variety of topics.
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

The only other thing I can think of offhand would be having your liver checked. Not just the regular enzymes but that Great Smokies in depth liver detoxification profile.

gdx.net

They look at the Phase I and Phase II detox pathways and make recommendations. You have to have your healthcare professional order the tests.

I think I'll have mine done when I visit the US next year.

This is from the website of a lady with MCS who had it done just to give you an idea of what info you get from it:

http://www.canarys-eye-view.org/metabolic_basis/detoxification/gsdldetox01.html

good luck with the doc, lisa!

karen
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Oh, I've been seeing my doctor for 9 years and am very happy with him. He specializes in CFS and other "difficult" problems, and I think he's both informed and talented.

I never would have gotten as far as I have without him. He hasn't entirely fixed me yet, but we're getting there.

I've found that a lot of people (especially those visiting the FFC's) have had lots of questions over the past few months about new treatments, and I don't know what to say about some of them.

My doc's up on the latest stuff and likely will know about anything I ask. So now's a good time to remind me of information that we would like to know.

I actually have appointments scheduled for Friday and Monday (I get better insurance reimbursement that way). I will provide a report of what I learn over the weekend and then "open up the floor" again for more questions.
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I was going to say, well, I'm going to support my liver any way that I can anyway, but then I saw the link to the results.

That's a very interesting test. Obviously someone with MCS is going to have a lot more problems with toxins than I do. I've not been exposed to lots of toxins in the past, have had several pretty clean toxin reports over the years, and am not _terribly_ sensitive to most toxins although I do my best to avoid them.

This is undoubtedly why my doc has not recommended this test before. (He uses Great Smokies/Genova all the time, and seems to know all their tests.)

However, since I have been on the Famvir for two months and likely will continue it or another AV, it is important to keep my liver functioning as well as possible.

i thus will bring it up to him. Thanks for the suggestion!!!