Questions for PETSRME regarding Green Tea?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Treca, May 19, 2006.

1. Treca

Treca New Member

I've read where you are drinking Green Tea and you have had very promising results.

I was just curious about a few things when you first started.

First I was wanting to know how much water do you use for one teabag?

Also, for each time you added another glass of tea how long did you give it until you added another glass? 1wk, 2wks etc. and so on and so on..??

One last thing...I can not use sugar substitutes not even Splenda. They make me extremely sick. Is it OK to use a tiny bit of reg. sugar instead? Or is there another type of sweetener that you use? Would Honey be a good thing to use?

If anyone can tell me anything about this topic please let me know. I can never get to much information. :)

Thanks!
    Treca :)
  2. Treca

Treca New Member

I want everyone how wants to, to chime in. I just said question to petsrme because I saw her talk about Green Tea a lot.

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into the different sweeteners you talked about.
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

Hi Treca.

When I first started drinking it I put one bag of raspberry celestial seasonings green tea in a 20 oz bottle of cold Aquafina water. I added no sugar or nothing. I drank one of these a day for several weeks. When I started to slow down with the weight loss after about three months I started drinking two a day. I read that you need to drink six to eight a day so now I just brew seven bags a day and drink it with splenda. There is no problem at all just putting real sugar in it if you would like. That just gives more calories though and will slow down the weight loss. I still think you will can lose weight though. Also you are still getting all the health benefits.

I'll be honest with you, I didn't start drinking the tea for the taste. When I was drinking the one bag in a cold bottle of water, it didn't taste good at all. Heck it still doesn't taste good now that I am brewing it and adding splenda. I frankly hate the taste, but I don't care how bad it tastes if it makes me lose weight and have lower cholesterol. I will drink it for the rest of my life. It was my miracle and I will drink it forever. It made me lose weight after nothing else had ever worked. A simple bag of tea did what nothing else had done.

Good luck I hope it helps you.
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

What do you eat during the day besides drinking the tea?
  5. Treca

Treca New Member

for providing that info. I have actually put real honey in it instead of sugar now and that actually makes it taste so much better. :) So now I have no need for the sugar. Thank goodness.

I'm hoping that I'll get some results for the weight loss. I would just like to loose the weight I gained while on some other meds that I was taking. So about 20lbs. is my goal.

By the way..YOU LOOK GREAT! Love the top and what area are you from? It looks so beautiful there from what I can see from your picture.

Thanks again!
  6. petsrme

petsrme Member

I live in the mountains of NC. Actually the foothills. Thank you though, it is very pretty here. I love the country.

I usually only eat one meal a day. Sometimes two. I eat exactly the same now that I did six years ago when I put on the weight. I just gained weight because I started being so sick and not being active.

Yesterday I ate a Bojangles sausage gravy and egg biscuit and an order of botato rounds. I drank seven green bags of green tea brewed to make a 20 0z glassful.

I also ate a big bowl of hot and sour soup with wontons.

Today I have eaten a double sonic cheeseburger and an order of tater tots and the same amount of green tea. That is all I have eaten today.

I don't eat healthy I am sorry to say. I have not been eating good at all lately because I have not felt like cooking. When I do cook I try to eat better.
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but fresh fruit and salads...buy high protein bars...my favorites are snickers marathon bars...my son loves them taste just like a snickers bar only packed w.proteins and vitamins...yes there is still sugar... but it has fiber too..

you just have to reach out and get one...display them in a basket on your kitchen counter...i have baskets for everything...

jodie

8. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

does the green tea curb your appitite
  9. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

10. mainerose

mainerose New Member

to help your body. i drink herbal teas all the time. green tea is a great natural way to get some min erals. i like sesanal seasonings teas . sleepy time tea is real good at night. you get 2-3 bags and put them in a mug and add boiling water; then i use honey to sweten it a little. drink it just about 1/2 hour or so before you go to bed. it helps me most of the time.

you can even make herbal ice tea. find the type of tea you like best and make it double strength and let it cool. then put in a glass of ice. you can put in a dish of lemon. this is real good in hot weather. it can even make you feal energised.

hope this gives you some good info and afew ideas to try. enjoy.
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i will check that out out of curisosity...i just but some pria bars but do not have the higher protein as the snickers ones do..

my osn doesn't liek to eat breakfast...

my next thing i may try w/him is make "the shake" and freeze it for him so he can take it to school and sip on it in the morning...

i found it increased my appetite just like prozac did...so i stopped completely for now.. just to see if it made a differeence and it did...

i will restart again..when i get settled into my new place...but i will half the flaxseed for me...

just have to test it for me..

jodie