Questions for the ladies of fms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Feb 18, 2003.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I last posted but I have been trying to keep up with your posts. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ I
    have actually been doing pretty good until.........the ice storm. Right before the ice storm I started sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. I have also started with all the spasms, aches, burning and all the rest of the junk that comes along with this dd. OK my question is concerning private matters. I have read that with fms you can have problems with vulvodynia. Has anyone experienced this? This is so irritating and painful. I have been having problems with this for the last week or so. My poor husband, bless his heart, can't even look at me like he's interested in something more than snuggling. (LOL) He's very understanding but as his wife I feel like I'm neglecting him. Some times the pain seems to be like someone stabbing a needle in me. The itch can be intense at time. I have alot of burning the only relief I get is when I soak in a warm bath. (That's the only thing I have read that will give relief) If you have any advice to give me I'm ready and waiting for it asap.(LOL) Thank you all for giving me your time.
    Crissie
  2. kgg

kgg New Member

I ahve never experienced this, but a friend of mine did. She was so miserable with it! In doing some research on this for her, I came across and article that mentioned the symptom was connected with interstitial cystitis. Which is basically an inflammation in the bladder wall. I moved and didn't stay in touch regarding this, but she was going to do some investigating with the doc about it. She also found that some foods that she ate would aggrevate it. Hope this little bit of info is a help.
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Crissie:

I, unfortunately, have the same problem you do. I don't have it all the time, but when I do, the pain and itching is intense. I'm not sure what to suggest for you, but I use those feminine itch creams. I also try to keep the area as dry as possible. Yes, it can certainly interfere with your love life, but I am glad I have an understanding husband. Good luck to you!

Ellen
  4. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I really appreciate you taking the time out to answer.
    With much appreication Thanks!!!
    Hugs to all
  5. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Its strange you posted this,as i have been having the same problems. Take a look at my post Vaginal Pain, really good responses. Hope ya feel better soon. Im starting candida treatment, and feeling better already. (((((((((((Gentle Hugs)))))))))) Reg
  6. cfagc

cfagc New Member

Have you tried emu oil If you cant find it we have some would be happy to send some to try Gene