Questions for those drinking KEFIR

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Oct 17, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I picked up some organic Kefir today at the health food store...

Do you have good luck with this??? Is it something you should start out slow?? Is it ok to take when I am already on a probiotic??? Can I give it to my kids???

My daughter is on an antibiotic and I was wanting to give her some...I make her a smothie with fresh fruit and plain natural yogurt everyday...I was thinking of adding the Kefir.

I give my son Threelac...but he has been on it a while and was wanting to change it...could I just give him this?

What are your thoughts?? Has it helped??

SherylD
  2. SherylD

SherylD Guest

3. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Nobody???
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

you can drink it while using probiotics; it's just a different 'friendly' probiotic really. If you give some to your daughter, just make sure it is halfway between doses of abx, just like you would with probiotics.

Kefir is an 'ancient' cultured food as is yogurt... supposed to be better for you thank drinking regularly processed milk as a result! It's also really easy to make at home by just buying the culture and adding to fresh organic milk.

All I can remember off the top of my head... here's a bump, I'm sure others can remember more...

all the best,
    Victoria

5. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

I tried it and liked it very much...flavorwise. But, I over did it and my IBS kicked in badly. At first, I thought I was herxing, but even after I backed off then eventually stopped drinking it, my IBS continued to get worse.

I'm still troubled and I stopped drinking it over a month ago.

My suggestion is not to drink too much if you have IBS.
  6. SherylD

SherylD Guest

Thanks..

Is there anyone else who has tried this???

I think I have had more energy on it...