Questions from a "Newbie"!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Jul 9, 2003.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi everyone! I am new to this board and want to tell you how much I appreciate your postings!

I was diagnosed this last April, with fibro. I've read everything I can get my hands on, so I know just enough to make me dangerous!! LOL

My question is about fatigue. I am exhausted and haven't done much. I'm coming out of a major flare period, but the fatigue is kicking my butt! I try to do what I can, when I can. I try to pace myself and have started mild exercise.

My Dad died, after a long battle with cancer, a month ago. I had been very active as the secondary caregiver, helping my Mom. It was very wearing, but it was an honor.

I know I am depressed about Dad's death, but this fatigue isn't from this. There are days when just taking a shower wears me out. Do many of you feel this way? I try to lead as normal (whatever that means! LOL), life as possible and have trouble accepting it's the fibro that makes me feel this way. Probably because I know other family members and friends look at fibro as an excuse! Is that pretty common in the beginning?

Sorry this was so lon............g! Just having a kinda down day. I would appreciate hearing from any who have felt or feel this way, or have input they want to share!

I am so glad to have found all of you!

Kim
  2. jka

jka New Member

i use to feel like i was carring lead weights around all the time.my internest heardd about a new rhumy and sent me to him.he is doing a study on mirapex and it has really helped me.i still have to be careful not to over do it,but most of my symtoms are pretty much gone.i still take 200mg of trazadone,2mg ofalprazolam at night for sleep.if you don't sleep well,you get up tired.i take 2mg. of mirapex and1 mg. of requip at night.they are both parkinsons drugs.it is something new and they don't know about long term side effects.but my life was becoming intolerable.now i feel better.get hold of a good rhumy and see if he can help.

kathy c
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. I am so sorry about your Dad. Being a caretaker is exhausting work and when it's over, there's the grieving to be done. No wonder you are exhausted. Try to take care of yourself now and get lots of rest.

Love, Mikie
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Welcome to the Board! I read in your profile that you live in Indiana. Where in Indiana do you live? If you're in the Indy area I have some good info to help you. Let me know what town you live in.

Annette2
  5. auntgrouch

auntgrouch New Member

Im a newbie here as well...glad to meet you though im sorry its under these circumstances.
    I feel the same way about the exhaustion. I dont wanna do a thing. Not even shower some days. I take a shower lately and I feel I need a looong nap after...Dawn