????? questions on double posting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Mar 14, 2006.

1. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I'm just wandering why some people always double their posts?????????

If I double my posts does that mean they will be read twice as much?????????????

If I double my posts does that mean I will get twice the attention???????????????

I've noticed this happening more often and am just wandering what the possible reasoning behind this is.

Jake
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I know that, that happens sometimes, but I've been seeing it allot more lately. I wander if the site it having overload problems at times.

It also seems to follow certain users.

Jake
  3. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i used to do it when i joined the forum but it was just me finding my feet and i deleted the second.
    i find i still do it now when i join new forums because i try to use the new site like this one!!

just being thick here not for attention. once i had chain of four on anoter forum because i kept hitting the back botton on my mouse when i was supposed to click on screen..........duh!!
  4. sues1

sues1 New Member

Do you mean posting twice in same thread (I just said that didn't I?..Ha).....OR....do you mean answering a posting and then later start your own post with what you had already written?

I have done the latter I think 3 times. I did earlier and it was because I responded to someones posting that had commented on the original posting....and then I wondered if they would go back and see my posting so I decided to post it by itself.

So after reading your question on double postings, I went back and deleted one of them.

It was a good question Jake. I also go through some of my old responses and postings and delete some of them here and there and also try to delete my "Bumps". Some, although it was important enough to reply to or ask at one time, I do not think anyone would be further interested in, so I try and clean up some...here and there....for everyones sake.

Thanks for bringing this up. Will see what you and others have to say. If same posting twice in a row in a thread, I think it was just a mistake on the senders part, but this could happen to anyone and does not bother me.

Take care and many Blessings.......Susan
  5. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I was thinking in both places. The same post by the same person. On the board and inside of posts.

I only asked this question because I've been seeing it happen more and more since I first joined this board.

I'm also not stating that these people are doing it for attention I was just being silly with that one(LOL)

Jake
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

Jake.....i did see the humor and the way you posted it was funny. I did laugh..

But it was a good question and I loved the way you posted it. We need a lot of humor here.

I did not take it as being critical and I am glad you posted it.

I enjoy your humor.I enjoy your humor.
    Blessings.......Susan
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

People will click on the button to post the message twice, thinking this will speed things up. It does but it also duplicates the post or reply. When I am replying and the board is slow, I will click twice and then delete the duplicate.

When starting a new thread, one just has to be patient and wait for it to "take." The message itself may take up to five minutes to appear.

Every now and then, there will be duplicates even when one has only clicked once. Don't know why. If you see a duplicate of your post, delete it as soon as possible before people start responding to both posts. This keeps the board neat which helps it to run more smoothly.

Love, Mikie
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

9. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

For me it happens, because I made a mistake!
    Sometimes I think it didn't go through so I click on post again and then oops, there it is a few minutes later.
    Then I go back and delete one.:)
    Claudia