questions on Traumeel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Nov 8, 2005.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

I got some, they were out of pills so I got the drops. BUT I forgot what I was told.......I know I am not to eat or use anything with mint (toothpaste) for a period of time around the time of using it.

I was told it was the same for Caffeine (I like my tea) and allergy/sinus meds. That I could use them, but not close to the time of taking the drops.

I know the mint creates a bad bad taste with this med. But what does tea or sinus pills do? Is it the effectiness
    with the drops?

All of above told to me at the health food store.

I feel peppy with this...time will tell if it is the Traumeel or just a good mood!

My Rhuemy said that he did not find anything to help FIBRO as this is made for inflammation. But he added that maybe it would help the nerve endings and help with pain. He read about it and read the ingredients. Said to go a head and try it. He could not see a reason to not to do so.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/09/2005]
  2. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

do you know if the same rules apply for the capsules? i have some traumeel on the way to give it a try and would like to know since i usually a cup of coffee in the morning.

eddie
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

I have been told it is the same for the drops and the pills.
    I was told that I could have my tea and my sinus meds. but not to close to the time that I take Traumeel...........

I know that mint and most toothpaste will leave a bad taste in your mouth if used to soon after takig it......but not sure why we have same wait for sinus meds. and tea (or coffee.
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

mints can actually negate the effect of some herbals...best to stay away. Not sure of the reasoning behind the no caffeine thing, but probably is just contraindicated for most effectiveness.

You know who would know is Lolliboo....she used to run a healthfood store. I'd give her a page. She's super friendly and would love to help, I'm sure!
  5. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

It IS best to avoid mint from any source, as well as coffee, tea- anything with tannins while you are doing a homeopathic treatment. These things tend to sort of 'take up residence' in the mouth, preventing the sublingual absorption of the remedy. Mint also has a contrary effect with several simple homeopathic remedies. Any time you are doing a complex homeopathic tx, it is advisable to avoid mint altogether. That does include toothpaste. I know of some who actually use a homeopathic-friendly toothpaste, as well as those who use a simple sea-salt, baking soda scrub.

Of course, many of US (yes, I am not very stringent!)simply wait an hour or two after brushing, and spend the rest of the day avoiding mint candies, gums, etc. The truth is, anything in your mouth can impede the absorption of a homeopathic remedy. ****So it is important to eat or drink nothing at all for 15 min. prior and 15 min. after taking the remedy.*** Coffee and tea, etc- things that contain tannin should be given a wider berth, as they have lingering effects on sublingual absorption.

As far as sinus medicines, etc., it is in most cases advisable to avoid medications that have a direct, altering effect on a function of the body. Homeopathic remedies work on the 'energy level', to subtly influence cellular activities and energy flow in the body. It is inadvisable to take some medicines while taking homeopathics. Especially if the remedy you are taking may actually help to clear up the root cause of the reason you feel you need sinus medication. That said, homeopathy is often used as an adjunctive therapy alongside other treatments, from herbal to acupuncture. Working together, these combined modalities can often eliminate the need for OTC sinus meds.

Now, that is not to say that all of your dr-prescribed Rx's should be cast aside if you are taking Traumeel. Nor that Traumeel will eliminate your need for sinus medications. Just that most homeopaths will advise people to not take their homeopathic remedies alongside allopathic medications.

Take THEM with your coffee, and then go brush your teeth!! No, really, as long as your mouth is clear of lingering taste or feel from any foods or drink, then I go with the '15-minute rule'.

As far as your Rheum's contention that it is 'made for inflammation'; it is actually a homeopathic combination aimed at treating the body's response to trauma/ injury. As homeopathy views all levels of injury/ healing as deeply connected (physical/ spiritual, etc), its remedies are aimed at realigning energies on all levels. It seems to me to make perfect sense that it would help with FM.

Please all, let us know how you do!
    Lollie