Questions on yeast over growth and treating it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Hello,

I"m wondering if it's really ok to eat very many grains like amaranth, quinoa while trying to get rid of yeasts. I know I need grains. Maybe I should just consistently eat less of it.

What about fruit or any sugar at all. If you eat a little is it going to undo the effort you are putting in to kill them.

I also asked this on another post but it won't hurt to ask here too. I'm wondering about the effect of tea(organic/caffiene free) on yeast. If I recall, tea can contribute to it's overgrowth.

Waht about cooked garlic, I really think that even it can effect yeasts and parasites. The pills don't really seem to do any good that I can see, but perhaps it does good that I just can't pinpoint.

I've been doing the spit test and can tell I have a major overgrowth.

I've been taking fungal defense by garden of life, I'm hoping it will help I just don't want to undo the effects by eating a little fruit or anything else that could contribute. I don't eat much, hardly any. I'm thinking I may actually need more according to nutritional values needed.

What about carrots, starchy vegetables? I do eat maybe 1-2 carrots a day.

I also take oil of oregano pills. I can tell that these definately help me when an infection is coming. This works when nothing else will, so far.

Thanks for any input!