Questions Questions Questions

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by gumbi, Oct 23, 2007.

1. gumbi

gumbi New Member

Why am i suffering from ill health? Why do you suffer from ill health. Am I less worthy than my healthy neighbour? Is my illness worse than yours? if so, why? Why is the child suffering from a terminal illness? Is he less worthy than me? I am not dying. Does he not deserve life? A life with quality. Why have some people got more money than they will ever need? Do they deserve it more than you or me? Why are some people happier than others? Doesn't everyone deserve happiness? Why are some people starving? Why are some people desolate? Is my religion more valid than yours?
    What causes all of this inequality? Is it you or me? or mankind in general? Is it greed? Why is....? Why does....?
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I have some thoughts, but I don't have answers.

I've had chronic pain since I was 18 months old. The doctors, surgeries, painful injections, casts, traction, etc. have always been a part of my life.

One can ask, "if there is a God, then why does He allow this to happen?"

That is a toughie to answer. I sometimes think it is to keep us closer to God. There is a saying that goes something like, "it is amazing how many men 'get religion' as they are digging a fox hole while incoming bombs are exploding around them".

When do we become the closest to God? I think it is when we are in the most need. God gave us free will, and with that free will comes the consequencs.

There will always be compassionate people, and there will always be heartless money-hungry slimeballs.

You ask, "why are some people starving?" I think they are starving because we don't treat others the way that we would want to be treated ourselves. Also, I think there are always going to be crooked politicians who take the donated food and supplies---and give it to militant groups or their own military.

You ask if your religion is more valid than someone elses. Actually, I'm surprised how much different religions have in common. I don't have an answer why some people have to focus on differences rather than what we have in common.

I do know that this life is not a dress rehersal. It is the only one that we get. I think each individual must decide whether to be a victim or be at peace.

In May of this year, I was told I have cancer. That will definitely get your attention! It makes what time you have left even more precious. It also makes you not want to put up with people's silly & hurtful nonsense. It is like peeling back the layers of an onion and getting to the heart of the matter. The extraneous garbage is tossed aside. The finality of your life suddenly reveals itself to you in a totally different perspective.
  3. gumbi

gumbi New Member

Dear Joyfully,
    Thank you for giving such thoughtful responses to my ramblings, You clearly got to the crux of what I was getting at.
    I am a member of Oakshaw Trinity Presbyterian Church in Scotland.
    My wife made a full recovery from cancer, I hope and pray that you will also.
    Best wishes and God bless you,
    from, Brian(gumbi)
  4. MIssAutumn

MIssAutumn New Member

Isiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

I was doing some yard work and what came to me was "My children are all equal to Me"

What I know for myself, when I asked these questions I was reminded by the Holy Spirit that God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, to die on the cross for us to go into hell for us His Father forsook Him because of the sin He took, all of our sin. So, no one is is more worthy. Are we more worthy than Christ?

These problems are caused by man's fallen nature, satan's attacks on God's children and our own fleshy decisions.

The sick child, maybe Jesus is taking him because of the pain he might endure being here on earth, people always happy ,,, I really think they are in a fantasy world but having the Peace Christ promised us is attainable, With all the sorrow and pain I have gone through I still hae and always did have that Peace and I have total Joy in knowing He is my Lord and Savior.

I think anyone really knows for sure why these thing happen, the bible shows us different reasons.

Joyfully is right when we realize how our lives are, you peel away the layers and find God, and stay there. I'm sure this is all part of having Faith and believing God and His Word and promises.
    And praise God for your wife's recovery.
    Sarah

[This Message was Edited on 10/24/2007]
  5. skikat

skikat New Member

hi, i wish i knew everyone on this board personally. they are such geat people and gGOD said to bind up the brokenhearted and those that are wounded in spirit. we all have questons and they wont be anserwed until we see him as he is "for we shall be like him"! I BELIEVE THAT ADAM AND EVE WERE WITHOUT DISEASE AND TROUBLE BUT THEY DIDNT OBEY GOD AND SO BROUGHT THIS KID OF THING UPON ALL OF US AND SATAN TOOK ADVANTAGE. THE REASON THAT I BELIEVE THIS IS BECAUSE HEY WERE MADE IN Hhis IMAGE AND AFTER his LIKENESS. THAT MEANS THEY WERE IN GLORIFIED BODIES , UNTIL SIN. REMEMBER? god SAID TO THEM ,"WHO TOLD YOU THAT THOU WAST NAKED? THEY DID NOT KNOW ANYTHING UGLY, THEY WERE AS INNOCENT BABES. BUT THEN THEY REALIZED THEY WERE NOW DIFFERENT.

BUT YOU ASKED WHY? jesus SAID, "MY STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS" OUR WEAKNESS.HE also said " where your treasures are , there is your heart also.
    i want my treasures laid up in heaven when i get there. all that a lot of people that dont know him will have is what they have on this earth. ours is for eternity. forever! he also said, "if you sufer with me , you shall reign with me".

now, that doesnt mean that we dont have to repent of our sins and try to live a live of purity. but we will make mistakes, and we just go back to him and tell him about it and he forgives again.
    but one day our pain will end. for he said we shall se him for we shall be like him(glorified in our new indestructable bodies).never to suffer anymore. no more tears. not evryone on earth wikll have that. this is my belief as that is what the bible says and that is what i preach, what the bible says. not just what i think.

satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy. thats bible. jesus comes that we may be set free. get as close to him as you can and it will change how you even think. he loves you with an everlasting love. when all have deserted you, he -will still be there. love and hugs-ski