Questions re: Giving blood vein "rolling"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

My veins are bad anymore - due to all of these blood tests. They now have trouple with IVs and aking blood in general. Last week the lady took blood and had alot of problems - said it kept rolling on her. She ended up going back to the same place and finally got it.

It has been a week and besides the bruise.. there is a round "hump" there. Is this normal? Probably fine - just wondering what that is. I have had clots before, so always get a little paranoif about "bumps"

Hugs
    Kim
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Boy, can I relate to this!

I've taken anti-inflammatory medications for several decades. They call me the veinless wonder. my veins roll on the person attempting to take my blood too.

Ask for the "IV team" when you are getting admitted to the hospital. I always do. Explain the situation.

I wonder if you should go back to the place that drew the blood and ask them if this is "normal".

Otherwise, you could put a call in to your doctor's nurse and ask the same question. If they are concerned, they will tell you to come in and have it checked.
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I will ask for the IV team on my surgery date dec 6th. - good idea - thank you for the advice.
    SO I guess, yours does not bulge up like that> hmmmmmmm.

Thanks for getting back to me!
    Hugs
    Kim

[ advertisement ]