QUESTIONS RE: ZMA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BILLCAMO, Sep 3, 2003.

1. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

IF A PERSON IS ALSO FIGHTING IBS CAN ZMA SIDE EFFECTS BE THE SAME AS USING MILK OF MAG. I STARTED USING ZMA ABOUT 3 DAYS AGO & IT IS ALSO TURNING OUT TO BE AN EXPERIMENT WITH BOWL CLEANSING. COULD THIS BE DUE TO THE ZMA & IS IT POSSIBLE THIS POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECT WILL STOP AS MY BODY ADJUSTS ???????? THANKS ! BILLCAMO. WHOOPS !!!!!!! EDIT... BOWEL OR COLON CLEANSING. ( I CAN EITHER BLAME IT ON BRAIN FOG OR BRAIN DAMAGE DUE TO THE AFOREMENTIONED SIDE EFFECT...)
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2003]
  2. 2girls

2girls New Member

Ya made me laugh Bill - bowel cleansing! Yes, actually the magnesium in the ZMA (750mgs?) could in fact cause diarreah(sp). The mag content may be too much for you and I'm really not sure whether or not your body will adjust.
    You may want to try to reduce the dose and see what happens.

2girls
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Bumping so hopefully, Shirl will read it. She really likes the ZMA
  4. selma

selma New Member

It worked on me the same way. Now, it doesn't work like that. Kinda wish it would.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Ya gotta go slow with the ZMA at first. Take only one capsule and work your way up.

Love, Mikie
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

First I had to stop laughing before I could type after reading your post :)

Like someone else said, start with one capsule for about a week, then add another, then if this works out (no pun intended) try the three that are recommended for men .

I also have IBS, BUT going in the opposite direction, bad, bad constipation. So the ZMA was a big asset to me.

It is the magnesium that will give you diarrhea if you take too much too quickly.

I believe your body will adjust if you take it slow. Let me know how you make out with just one a day.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

FOR YOUR INPUT. ( HOPEFULLY IT WILL REDUCE MY "OUTPUT".) I GUESS I CAN QUOTE THE GUY WHO WORKED FOR THE PATENT OFFICE WHEN HE SAID..... "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!!!!! AT LEAST I HAVE THE EXCUSE OF THE CHALLENGES CREATED BY THESE DD'S....... I'LL CUT DOWN TO ONE PER DAY , ETC. , & INCREASE THE DOSAGE GRADUALLY. I DID INDEED START WITH 3 CAPS. I FEEL FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAVE TO FIGHT THE OPPOSITE PROBLEM I HAVE. MAYBE IF WE COMBINED OUR RESOURCES , WE ALL COULD BECOME REGULAR!!!!!!! IN AN EFFORT TO FIGHT MY WEIGHT GAIN PROBLEM , I HAVE CUT MY EATING DOWN TO ONE MEAL PER DAY. ( I KNOW I SHOULDN'T , BUT AT LEAST I DON'T HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO EAT.)WITH THAT I'LL LEAVE YOU WITH THIS MODIFIED QUOTE....... INSUFFICIENT GARBAGE IN , MORE THAN SUFFICIENT GARBAGE OUT. TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!!!!!!! BILLCAMO. *&*****************PS/EDIT.... I HAVE A SHORT BURST OF ENERGY ( & A BREAK FROM THE PORCELAIN THRONE) SO I'LL TRY TO RESPOND TO EACH REPLY SO FAR........ 2GIRLS.... THANKS FOR HELPING ME FIND MY SPELLING ERROR..... GUESS IT WAS SOME KIND OF FREUDIAN(SP.) SLIP.... SELMA & OTHERS.... I'M GLAD YOU DON'T HAVE MY PROBLEM......RIGHT NOW , I WOULD APPRECIATE JUST 3 HRS. OF CONSTIPATION...... MADWOLF.... PREVIOUSLY I BLAMED MY ERRORS ON MR. BRAIN DEAD..... THANKS FOR THE NEW OPTION.... MIKIE..... THANKS. I'M TIRED OF THE "DOWN WORK" SO I'LL TRY WORKING MY WAY UP SLOWLY.......... SHIRL (& 2GIRLS) THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I HELPED YOU LAUGH..... I PRESUME THAT "ASSET" WAS ALSO AN UNINTENDED PUN.......B/C. HAD TO EDIT AGAIN.... THANKS MADWOLF.... IT'S COM PEWTER'S FAULT.