Questions regarding Malic Acid/Magnesium.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by julie1014, Nov 12, 2008.

1. julie1014

julie1014 New Member

I keep seeing studies regarding Malic Acid/Magnesium, and I have some questions.

1. Did it help your muscle pain?
    2. What dose do you take?
    3. What brand do you use?
    4. Any side effects?

Thank you so much! Blessings, Julie
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I have been taking Malic acid and Magnesium for about 5-6 months.

So far I have not had any improvement in muscle pain from it.

I take the Nature's Sunshine brand that is called Fibralgia. It contains 80 mg of magnesium (only 20% of daily value) and 350 mg of Malic acid.

I have not had any side effects from it. Sorry that I can't report dramatic improvement from it, but maybe you would have better results.

3. julie1014

julie1014 New Member

Thank you for the reply. I might give it a try and see if it helps.....
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's important that we all take magnesium since we're all pretty much deficient in this wonderful mineral.

Yes, it will help your muscle pain but it needs to be taken in a combo form with calcium.

I take a cheap store brand combo with 999mg Calcium/ 399mg Magnesium/ 15 mg Zinc and after taking it for about 2 months I noticed that I had NO muscle pain whatsoever anymore. And mine was horrible before beginning this supplement.

I get my Malic Acid in the best ever Multi Vitamin around and they sell it here at Pro Health. I take the Fibro Complete with Malic Acid and it's just wonderful.

I felt a zip of energy after taking it for only two days and couldn't believe that one supplement could help so much. (I had been bedridden for months prior to this)

There were a few other things I was doing at this time, eliminating processed foods, simple sugars, non stick cooking pans, flouride etc....but the supplements were key to me becoming upright again.

The only side effect of the magnesium combo are the poops...and I have a serious case of IBS-D but I manage this with an extra Immodium in the mornings.