Questions, Treatment, Herxing, Diagnosis??

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Hope4Sofia, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I have not been tested for Lyme but am almost certaing at this point that I have it.

I started having symptoms in 1990 at my boarding school in Santa Cruz Cal. It so happens that there was a surge of lyme cases reported in Santa Cruz county that year. I knew a classmate of mine was diagnosed with Lyme that year but had never thought that I had it. Until now.

Zoom to 17 years later. I now live in Az. Drs here don't look for or treat Lyme. I've searched and have concluded that I won't get a reliable test done here. My BIL is a Dr in Oregon. He says he'd diagnose me based on my history and symptoms alone.

So, I've decided the best I can do for now is treat myself. I've been reading the various protocols and am kind of mixing the Buhner and Klinghardt methods with a bit of Cowden. Right now I'm taking Cats Claw, Artimisia, Resveratol, Sarsparilla, garlic, and MVI. I'm also taking detox baths (epsom salt and hydrogen peroxide).

I think I'm herxing. I've been beyond tired, achey, breaking out, some vertigo, lots of fog, and pain on the right side of my face (which was my first and is my worst symptom of Lyme). Does this sound like herxing? Would you take this as a sign that I'm going in the right direction?

I feel like I'm groping in the dark. I could use any guidance you have to give. Outside of antibiotics, what has worked the best for you?

Thank you for reading my long ramble. I need some support.

Sofi
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Sounds like herxing to me. You are killing off those buggers. Can your BIL give you any guidance with this? Does he understand lyme?

I use abx, but my sister used samento (cats claw) and cumanda for a short while. She found that burbur helps with the herxing, so maybe you could try that.

If the herxing gets too bad, you could back off the treatment for a few days and then work your way back up. The key is to start slowly increasing cats claw one drop at a time. I used cats claw last fall for a month, and at 11 drops herxed like crazy!

The detox baths helped me quite a bit as well.

good lukc to you sofi!!
  3. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Thank you for responding.

My BIL knows some but he's busy with his practice and can't do much for me. He did say that he thought there was a lot of evidence that the herbal remedies are good. He's a pain Dr so he comes across Lyme but it isn't his specialty.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have been building up the dosage but maybe too fast. I don't mind a little herxing because at least I know something is happening.

Sofi
  4. chubby

chubby New Member

Hi Sofi,

If what you're trying now doesn't do the job, you might want to try a Doug coil machine. I've been using one for the last four months and I'm starting to feel quite a bit better, after being in total misery for six years. I've had Lyme since 1989 when I had the bullseye rash but couldn't get any treatment because of stupid doctors. It went dormant for quite a few years except for heart palpitations, but then came back big time.

If you google Doug and lyme you will find info on it. It's named after the man who invented it to treat himself and his wife. Through an incredible coincidence I met him when I was feeling so terrible or I'd still be terribly sick.

Good luck.
  5. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Wow, I think you are adding too much too soon. Now wonder why you are herxing. Endotoxins are building up.

Artemisinin should be tried by itself for Babs. I hear that can pack a mean munch. You might want to start with that with the sarsaparilla to absorb the toxins.

Slow down, sweetie.

CherylSue
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Thank you for responding.

Chubby, I will look into the Doug machine. That sounds interesting.

CherylSue, I think you're right. I will slow it down and start up again. I've been off the herbs for the past week because I caught the flu.

It's hard to figure this out all on my own. I appreciate all the help I can get.

Sofi