Questions? Which makes you hurt more Hot or Cold?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Sep 17, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I wonder if it is just me. But as we change seasons so does my aches and pains.

OH my when it is so hot , I feel weak, tired and live with sweat running down my face and neck, I am more tired and far to hot to want to move. I don't exercise even strech as the more I do the hotter I become and the more I sweat. I don't like it that in the heat my hair always looks like I just got out of the shower.

But this past few days it has rained, and turned very cold. We have had our first frost watch. But I could have told them that the cold front was on it's way long before it was on my TV. MY bones ache so deeply , and my muscles just ache so deeply. The more I move the worse I ache.

The wrist I shattered hurts all the time but what is strange about it is that the bones in my wrist will throb so badly but the pain comes from different sides durning the day, one minute it is on the outside of my wrist and the next it is not the inside of the wrist. And now it just aches all over.

I find that if my feet are cold the more I hurt and the colder I feel. And the only way to get my feet to warm up is to stick them in really hot water. And when my feet are toasty my body is warmer all over. Strange isn't it.?

EAch season brings diffents ways that my body reacts with. Cold gets me the worst I think as I seem to not be able to stay warm and once I have gotten chilled not even a hot bath will help me then. I will have pain in my muscles, joints, and even my skin when it is cold.

But when it is hot. I am way to hot and I am thirsty all the time but that would be due to the amount of sweating I am dripping off of me. I am stiff if I sit down for very long and I will limp more too.

Why do I have these changes I don' know. But as it is only going to get colder I guess that I am going to have to buy me some electic socks to keep my feet warm and toasty. For the cold I can not stand, it just keeps going thruough me. There may be no wind yet the cold seems to creep it's way in .

Does this happen to you? Which gets to you more the HEAT or the COLD? Just a question I would like to know. I feel so alone as all this summer I could not get cooled down and after 2 days of storms with rain and thunder I am so cold that I can't get warm.So am I alone in this ?Just wanted to see.

Thanks for all
    HUGS.
    Rosemarie
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Bump me up please
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Rosemarie,

I would say the cold. by far, makes me worse.

My muscles seem to tense up way too much when I am in the cold.

It is much harder for me to get used to.

With the hot, I do sweat alot more due to the meds, but I am not in as much pain.

That is why I run the a/c 24/7 during the summer!

Take Care,
    Stephanie
  4. 143alan

143alan New Member

A combination of things combined with the FM seems to be getting worse on a daily basis. I was just DX w/ FM in July. I've had OA and DDD for years but it seems to all have gotten worse during this Summer.

So far I know that during the Summer has been horrible. The humidity seems to really get to me more than it use to, and the barometric change before a storm hits causes me the most pain of all. Just like today it's suppose to rain (thankfully). I spent the entire weekend hurting so bad I couldn't stand it. Also the joints in my feet have twisted more than they have in a long time to the point where it was noticeable to see not just the extreme pain that I felt.

I'm hoping the drier air of the Winter will be better but since I'm not sure I can't wait to read what other people post. Thanks for starting the thread.

Thanks
    Nancy
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hot or Cold, which is better?

Oh my Rosemarie, I think I could have written this letter. In the summer the sweat pours off me, I feel so headachy, weak and can barely breathe from the humidity.

In the winter (I live in Ontario Canada) so we have lots of it I am stiff and achy. What is worse is I sweat easily even when I am cold and then I freeze because my body is damp.

So in the winter I dream about warmer weather and in the summer I dream about being colder. There is a couple of weeks in the spring before it gets really hot when I feel almost human.

I feel alone with this too Rosemarie. It is so embarrassing how much I sweat! Today there has been another shift in the weather again and my head feels achy and tight like there is another migraine on the way.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)
  6. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

I used to live in Oklahoma and every winter I would just lay in bed and cry. My husband moved me to VERY hot and sunny California. Now I have more days of living!! Im not in bed as much. Although I hate to be hot, just because I dont like to sweat, I can move!! It does not put me into a flare-up...

Melinda
  7. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

My body tenses in the cold and my trigger points tighten up. If I'm too cold, I can't do anything!
    Mini
  8. missourilady

missourilady New Member

I don't feel good if it is really hot - like the summer we just had.

But the cold really bothers me in lots of ways. Not only aches and pains but also asthma from the furnace dust and the cold air.
  9. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

The cold makes me hurt more, but the heat makes me sick and weak. It really made it hard when my boys were still playing football in the heat. I would be sick for a couple of days after the game.

My husband is hot natured so we fight over the temp. in the house. Now he'll set the themr. for me had have the fan blowing on him.

I've only been diagonsed with FM for a less than six months, but I've had it for YEARS!!!! SO we are both learning about it.

saddlebred
  10. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Definitely the cold makes me worse. Toward the end of last summer I was preparing to go back to work, then by late fall I was speeding head-on into the black pit called Fibro and CF. I really felt better this summer also, but now that it is starting to get colder--I hurt more and more with less energy. DEFINITELY worse w/winter & cold.

Foggygirl

11. twitcher

twitcher New Member

I get stiff and my feet turn blue.
  12. frosty50

frosty50 New Member

weather
    cahanges are horrible for me. Hot or cold makes me hurt. I was wondering if anyone else sweated like they just got out of a shower. I see they do. Its horriblle is'nt it.
    Frosty
  13. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I can not deal with either very well. As far as weather.

But I do use my electric blanket even in the summer sometimes.
  14. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I lived in tennesse for a few years.It was were the fibro was diagnosed.I have a better quality of life too,Where do you live?

Rosemarie I'm like that with my feet too......get this...also my nose.My nose and the upperpalate of my mouth are like that.I've got to warm my nose and feet before I'm warm>linda
  15. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Rosemarie:

I live in Southern California. I have a 3 ton air conditioner for a 1200 square foot condo. I keep the temp about 68 degrees. Friends know this and bring warm sweaters. I have not been cold since I had my daughter 7 years ago. I have visited Chicago many times since then, and never wanted to wear a coat, or even long sleeves. Not sure what is up with my internal temperature, but I have also always had a low temp...usually less than 98 degrees.

Ingrid