Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Dec 4, 2011.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have many questions about how to discuss how i feel, I don't know if anyone understands what light, sound, loud noise, weather, heat and cold do to my body. Does everyone with fibro feel the same way daily, I feel so much worst tonight due to a big snow storm comming here tonight. I feel like I have been run over by a mack truck and then pulled thru a knot hole back wards.

I shoudl have tired tracks on my body from the pain I have now. It is all over my body muscles, bones ligiments, every where. I just plain hurt all over.

I hope I have wored this right so that you understand what I feel like when my fibro flares up.
    Thanks for listeneing to me vent and ask questions.
  2. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I get what you are saying about the things that trigger your pain. Me, too!
    I am so sound sensitive and the weather plays a big part in how I feel. I live in the mid-west & the tornado weather really messes me up. I am pretty sure it has something to do with low barometric pressure because that seems to be when I feel the worst.

I take ear plugs with me when I go to the movies because it is so loud I just can't take it. I use a sleep mask because any light (like on the alarm clock) seems like a beacon!

One thing about this place is that we understand what you feel like when you have a flare because we have them, too!
    I always say, I wish my family & friends & every Dr. who has a fibro patient could live one week in my shoes (one day isn't enough, is it?! If it was just a day we could deal with it!)and they would be more understanding.
    I don't know if I can answer your questions but I am willing to try ...

Anyway, I saw your post today & wanted to bump it up. Hope you get some relief soon.

3. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Boy do I understand about noise, etc. causing more pain. I sleep mostly in the day time and right now, they are mulching the rest of the leaves in our yard. They have two hugh mulching machines and the noise and vibration is horrible.

They've been at it for almost an hour. Started off with going on the roof to blow the leaves out of the gutters. They walked right over my bedroom and you can imagine how that sounds.

All the leaf debris comes into the house through the windows and doors even though they're closed and the air system is off. I itch all over, even my eyes, I had diarrhea, and hurt like the dickens all over. I'm so tired and miserable. I just want to go back to sleep.

Noise and vibration make me hurt so bad. I think almost everyone on here has the same problem. I guess our nervous systems are damaged by these diseases. I'm now also having to deal with Type 2 diabetes and feel totally overwhelmed sometimes. I know it's going to get better soon, but sometimes the minutes are hard to get through.

I can sympathize with what you're going through and I'm sorry you're having so much to deal with. I certainly do understand. GB66
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Wow, you are one of the few who really get how I feel and agree with me. I don't attend church any more because of the sounds, the babies crying, older children whinning, lights that buzz, mic's have a unusal noise . I have tried to go out in the front of the church by the gym and one of the sunday chool rooms because I thought it would be quieter but is isn't as parents bring their babies out while they are screaming. Not many do that any more.
    I can't sit on teh benches as they are so uncommfortable and makes my body hurt and bones ache.

I miss going to church, waling long distances with out pain and being tired. I miss out on so many things when I let my fibro get in the way. I really struggle with it, I want to do so many things that seem to get pushed out of the way due to how fibro makes me feel. I want to do so many things but I get stuck in a rut and don't know how to get out. What do I do ,? I dont' know any more. I thought that if I took my pain meds I would be able to do more but they only work some of thetime.The meds like lycria make me feel so weird , rotten, strange, out of control any way but good.

I am scared each day is a struggle, I hate bing on so many pills and yet I am terrified of stopping any of them or even lowering the dosage of them. I can't take any more intense pain than I already live with now.

I have reduced my meds several times because I have had to, to keep my drivers license. Sorry I am rambling on feeling sorry for my self again.
    Rosemarie[This Message was Edited on 12/16/2011]