Questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GM, Aug 20, 2002.

1. GM

GM New Member

I reply to a post last week but I don't think I sign it so that might be why I did not get a reply.

First question j9miller told some one not to have a hystercomy I was wondering why?

Also I had experience over the weekend that I would like to find out how I should have responded. So if it happens again. I pray it does not

My husband and I were at home improvement store. We were wanting to have some wood cut. Since I was not feeling all that great. Up to walking a lot and or standing for very long. My hubby got a wheel chair for me once inside the store. While wanting for someone to come cut our wood. A family came our way with a small child that was about 18 months old, the parents along with a grandmother. The grandmother had the child first carry him and then she let him down right in front of me and said now do you see her. Then they both stood there and stare a me. I was so hurt that the grandmother that look to be in her 50's if not older. Would do this what she was teaching that child. That anyone that is different it's alright to stare. When they just kept standing there I turn my back to them. Then they went down the aisle I was facing down so the child was walking backwards looking at me still staring. Guinda
  2. GM

GM New Member

I reply to a post last week but I don't think I sign it so that might be why I did not get a reply.

First question j9miller told some one not to have a hystercomy I was wondering why?

Also I had experience over the weekend that I would like to find out how I should have responded. So if it happens again. I pray it does not

My husband and I were at home improvement store. We were wanting to have some wood cut. Since I was not feeling all that great. Up to walking a lot and or standing for very long. My hubby got a wheel chair for me once inside the store. While wanting for someone to come cut our wood. A family came our way with a small child that was about 18 months old, the parents along with a grandmother. The grandmother had the child first carry him and then she let him down right in front of me and said now do you see her. Then they both stood there and stare a me. I was so hurt that the grandmother that look to be in her 50's if not older. Would do this what she was teaching that child. That anyone that is different it's alright to stare. When they just kept standing there I turn my back to them. Then they went down the aisle I was facing down so the child was walking backwards looking at me still staring. Guinda
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That must have been some ignorant person you ran into in that store! Good grief, where do these people come from? I have heard some terrible stories on this board about ill mannered people, but I believe this is the worst!

I go to Home Depot with my husband sometimes, and like you I get tired standing, and walking as those stores are soooo big. I usually sit in one of their office chairs and wait for him. The wheel chairs are usually all in use.

I can't help with the hysterectomy, never had one, but I am sure whoever mentioned this will see your post and explain why for you.

You take care, and ignore ignorant people! Or stick your fingers in your ears, wave them and stick your tongue out at them, that should give them something to stare at!! I am mean enough to do just that!

Shalom, Shirl