Questions..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sunshyne1027, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Has anyone felt dizzy, unbalanced feelings with their Fibromyalgia. It came on today. Felt disoriented for a bit too.

The blood test results came back from the doctor. Tested for Lupus, RA, Diabetes, Thyroid. It all came back normal.

I feel sorta like I was wanting something to come back abnormal, to like be able to label what is wrong with me, to be able to better understand it all. I feel sort of foolish for thinking and hoping that. Has anyone else felt similair though? With fibromyalgia, there seems to not be a "real diagnosis". Sure the tender point test, then all the symptoms looked at, then all other tests come back normal.

I am supposed to do a test soon, for thyroid, adrenal disfunciton. Supposed to take my temp every morning, something like that. Anyone else have a test similair to this?

Still working part time. Going full time in a couple weeks. I am starting to understand better what triggers my flares. Stress and lack of sleep, proper nutrition, and not drinking enough water triggers flares. So working on them things, in hopes it will help me keep the full time job.

I hope everyone is as well as they can be.

Sunshyne
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Has anyone felt dizzy, unbalanced feelings with their Fibromyalgia. It came on today. Felt disoriented for a bit too.

The blood test results came back from the doctor. Tested for Lupus, RA, Diabetes, Thyroid. It all came back normal.

I feel sorta like I was wanting something to come back abnormal, to like be able to label what is wrong with me, to be able to better understand it all. I feel sort of foolish for thinking and hoping that. Has anyone else felt similair though? With fibromyalgia, there seems to not be a "real diagnosis". Sure the tender point test, then all the symptoms looked at, then all other tests come back normal.

I am supposed to do a test soon, for thyroid, adrenal disfunciton. Supposed to take my temp every morning, something like that. Anyone else have a test similair to this?

Still working part time. Going full time in a couple weeks. I am starting to understand better what triggers my flares. Stress and lack of sleep, proper nutrition, and not drinking enough water triggers flares. So working on them things, in hopes it will help me keep the full time job.

I hope everyone is as well as they can be.

Sunshyne
  3. Menolisongster

Menolisongster New Member

Yes this is quite common in folks with fibro. Mine is like the world has suddenly tilted sideways. Grab at whatever so I don't slide down the slope.
    Some people call the dizziness the fibro dance.
    There is not much to be done for it just take things slow and easy. And know that you are not alone.
    menoli
  4. homeskillet19

homeskillet19 New Member

Hi,
    I am so sorry you are feeling bad!!!!!
    You are doing the right thing, get all of the test done!
    but Yes that is one of the wonderful syptoms of fibro.
    Is your neck sore, sometimes when this happens it is the Trp's that are on the side of your neck and sometimes the ones that start from the back of the top of your neck and wrap around tto the front bottom of the neck.
    First thing dont panic, stress is not good for anybody, but especially not for us that suffer from thses dd's, but make you up some rice socks....fill up a tub sock with dry rice, then you can microwave them for two to 3 minutes, it all depends on your microwave.....I put one under my neck and one around my neck and lay there for 30 minutes, then I will massage it or better yet get my hubby to massage it, then I will repeat as much as I have to, also it feels good to put one across your forehead at the same time, it really relaxes you!
    I hope this can help!
    Your friend,
    Denise
  5. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

Thanks for the replys, and yes I have problems with my neck,was in a rear end collison, a few months ago.

Just never really felt this unbalanced before. Thanks for the advice!

I dont feel so alone with it all now.

:)

Sunny