Questran made anyone better? Shoemaker protocol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunchy, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Anyone with experience of this? Looked at the website and took the preliminary test - of course it was positive. Is this a protocol worth pursuing or is it yet another protocol where some do some don't.

Anyone know what the protocol involves?

Thanks.

Love Bunchy x
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

anyone know anything?
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I didn't. And I gave it a real good go, over 3 weeks of detox hell. I had such high hopes for it too, I was so sure it was for me.

I'm no better, in some ways worse. It did a terrible number on my digestive system and brought on chronic bloating, painful bowel movements, and some new and old food sensitivities. I don't think this is a typical reaction, just me.

Jeanne
  4. dreamharp

dreamharp New Member

If anyone is on the Shoemaker protocol? There is also a book
    out on the protocol. Anyone??????

Dreamharp
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

6. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

a good shot--followed every detail for a few weeks. It did "something" I will say that. It made me very ill, made my brain hurt and I didn't know what was going on around me. I got very ill--down in bed, had to have others bring me food, just got up to use the bathroom.

That it did something and affected my brain tells me there is something to the protocol. However, I think it is effective for someone who has had an exposure to certain fish or algae, or whatever the brief exposure to neurotoxins it may be. I think the idea is to clean up the toxins after you have had an exposure but the exposure is over.

My concern is that if your exposure or nuerotoxins are from ongoing lymes disease, you are continuing to get exposures. My doc conjectured that I was cleaning out neurotoxins only to make room for more infection. I don't know if this is right--only my experience and the conjecture of me and my doc.

I appreciate Shoemaker's contribution. I think it can totally heal some people with certain kinds of exposures. For me, it wasn't the answer. At some point if I feel all infections are under control, I might try it again, to mop up the neurotoxins. Not sure. Hope this helps. Blessings to you. Jen102
  7. justlooking

justlooking New Member

on Questran. I know a year or 2 back several people raved about it, but I haven't seen or heard much about it since then. If you do a search on this board by title, I would bet you can find the old posts on it.

Good Luck.
    JL