Quick "Hi" To Y'All

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just wanted to drop in to wish you all good health and happiness. I've been under the weather a bit with acute bronchitis and, now, a dry hacky cough which refuses to go away. Everyone down here seems to have it. Some have been sick prior to the cough but many feel it's more like an allergy. I think that once the Snowbirds and tourists go home, and our really hot and humid weather returns, we will feel better. We love the Snowbirds but every winter, they come down here sick and spread it around. I know it's not their fault, but every few weeks, a new bunch arrives with colds and other viruses they caught up North in the cold. We get exposed over and over to their illnesses and once we get sick, it's almost impossible to get over it. My PCP now wears a mask because he caught a cold and it went on for weeks and weeks. He believes it's from the visitors who keep bringing their viruses down and keep infecting everyone over and over.

This time of year, I work more hours because it's tourist season here and the store is busiest. I'm run down and when I'm not working, I'm sleeping. I'm looking forward to summer when it will be slower and I'll have more time off. I'll also have more time to hang out here. I do keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs and love to everyone.

Love, Mikie
  2. jole

jole Member

It's good to see you again! I'm not on the other board much so think I must be missing you, but think about you often. I wasn't sure if you were still working, but happy to hear you're able to.

It makes sense about the viruses being brought in.....but you sure can't blame people for wanting your nice warm weather LOL. (Wish it were me down there) I certainly hope you get to feeling better soon, and don't get any more run down! Best wishes to you***Jole***
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

As always it's great to hear from you but I'm sorry you've been under the weather. Sounds like a case of the 'crud' as we call it when we move from country to country. So yes, the snowbirds very well could be bringing it with them from other parts of the country.

Hope you feel better soon...

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm laughing away here, I thought you were talking about actual birds.......duh!!

Sorry you're not keeping too well but at least you are still working which is such an achievement.

Here we're forever succumbing to bugs too, I sometimes wonder if its the same one going round and round - the bugs are getting stronger every year. Even otherwise healthy people are getting sick over and over again.

Anyway lovely to hear from you Mikie and I hope you recover soon.

5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Warm thoughts and hugs to you! Feel better soon and keep resting as much as you can.

Love, Erika
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's so good to read your responses. I'm seeing the doc again tomorrow to see whether we have missed anything. I do think I'm a wee bit better but this has gone on way too long. I read in our paper that our climate isn't friendly to viruses and if we were isolated, we would likely not be sick. Evidently, it really is outsiders who bring the "crud" to us. That said, however, it's a small world and we travel out to other areas and bring stuff back home with us too. No, I really don't blame anyone for wanting to get away from the cold to our beautiful weather and beaches. Heck, I did it for six years myself before moving here. If it weren't for the Snowbirds and tourists, we would be in even worse shape economically than we are. My close friends and neighbors here in our condo community are Snowbirds.

I do feel very blessed that I've been able to continue to work. A few years ago, it was only a dream. That I've been able to do it while sick must mean that I've healed a lot. Still, I'd rather be doing it feeling better than I am :)

I keep everyone here in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Love, Mikie
  7. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Sorry you're under the weather but at least it's good weather that you're under.

You are missed around here! Nevertheless, it's so good to know that someone cannot come here much because they are well enough to get out into the world. I know you are still pacing and balancing all.

Please take good care of Mikie!

Peace out,
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Good to see you, I wondered what had happened to you. I haven't been on as much myself, just busy as usual. I was with Rosie about the Snowbirds, it took me a minute, LOL.

Sorry you have had the crud all winter and hope you get better soon. Have you played with your brushes lately?? Well just wanted to hi, come back more often we miss you-Carla

BILLCAMO New Member

We've all been missing you.

Now I'll be the "Devil's Advocate".....

Don't I remember something being said about taking it easier and moving slower ? LOL

Even for those of us that have received some "recovery" , our immune systems are still not up to par.

Take care & come back more often.

Blessings ,

10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is good to hear from all of you too. Yes, life with FMS and CFIDS/ME is all about balance. That is why I've been resting so much when I'm not working. Just saw my doc and he said I'm following exactly in the same steps he's gone through with this stuff. It takes more than a month to recover. I will say that my cough is a wee bit better.

I haven't had the time nor inclination to paint lately. It's about all I can do to work, rest, and try to keep from living in squalor. Y'all know how our homes get when we're in survival mode. I cracked Shirl up once when I told her I was living in my own filth.

After seeing the doc, I had enough energy to shop just a bit. There were good sales but didn't see much to temp me. I wear a uniform for work and the rest of the time, I live in tee shirts, sandals, and Capri pants or my jammies. That's another good thing about living down here--we don't need much in the way of clothes. Glad I sowed my wild oats and partied so much. I am now content to be the old lady I've become :) I enjoy the simple things in life and don't need to be going out all the time.

Again, soooooo good to hear from you great folks. I miss y'all and will try to get here more often. My hugs, love and prayers to you all.

Love, Mikie

BILLCAMO New Member

is still the most effective and least expensive medicine ! :>)

Good you're doing a bit better.

Please share our love , thoughts , & prayers with Shirl ! And do your best to get Shirl to crack a smile !

Blessings ,

12. sisland

sisland New Member

It's so great to see you back on the board! and i hope you will be feeling up to par soon!,,i love your dress code! and trying to enjoy the simple things in life like peace and quiet and the sound of the wind and chimes and birds,,etc,,,we sound alot alike!,,,,,HUgs!,,,Sis
  13. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I have been so busy and keep forgetting to post here. Sorry your are not feeling to well. I know where Ilive there are many people with allergies being aggravated. It wouldn't surprise me if I was one of them. I have never been tested but have lots of post nasal drip that drives me crazy. Especially when I am trying to sing it surely can be a pain in the butt, if you know what I mean. Thank God we finally got some rain and it seemsed to wash away alot of the pollen that was al over everything. It is also cold and nasty, but that is supposed to warm up again in a few days. We have also had a terrible drought. I have been lucky this year and have not had any URI's . Maybe the flu shot and the Grape Seed Extract has been helping.

Nowadays you do not know who is giving what to whom, if you know what I mean. Many people also who are sick and should be home are off to work and spreading the germs all over too. However, many need the money so it is a viscious circle

Nice to see you and hope you get to come back and visit soon. Yep, I like your dress code too (-: !!

14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks so much for your replies. Y'all have made me smile and filled my heart with your sweet, warm wishes. My love, hugs, and prayers go out to you all every day.

Love, Mikie