quick moving posts and thanks!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by diva2mi, Nov 8, 2005.

1. diva2mi

diva2mi New Member

I was looking for a thread I had posted on, but things tend to move quickly. I also tend to reply to more than a few posts and forget the titles of all, so when I go back to look for them, I get sorta lost.

I just wanted to say thanks to y'all that offered me support regarding my addict / alcoholic boyfriend and let you know that Thursday is the BIG day. I really hope that I don't break down when I take him to his new place to live. I also have a doctor's appt. on Thursday for a check up. Since I don't get medical insurance during the summer as a graduate student, I have to check back in when fall starts. It also means that any tests done during summer don't get paid for by anyone but me...

Anyway, didn't mean to vent, just wanted to say thanks. and a big hug to everyone!
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

but sounds like you are taking some positive steps to make life better. My thoughts are with you during this time.

What are you studying? What is your goal? Sorry about the insurance, but I know how that goes. Hope you need NO tests this coming summer.

Blessings,
    Sue
  3. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

Diva, go to the top right of page and click on "view my profile" and you can see your posts/replies there. You can click on them to see new replies.
  4. diva2mi

diva2mi New Member

Thanks... will check the profile thing for reference in the future.

I am working on my Ph.D. in Spanish Literature and it has been a long process. I hope to be finished in 2-3 years. I would like to be a professor of Spanish Lit. in the future.

I had to have an electrical nerve test done this summer as I don't have a lot of feeling in my calves and feet. Turns out I have pinched nerves in both of my knees. The test was expensive, but finally had a doctor who found something...

Thanks again and have a good day!
  5. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

hi diva2mi. I just wanted to give you some added strength for Thursday. If you start back pedalling just remember what it was like in the bad times. I split with my husband almost a year ago because of addiction problems and now I have no regrets. I still love him and wish it had worked but it didnt. When I start getting a twinge of sadness I remeber how bad it was and that stops me quick. I am so grateful for my life now and how much peace I have. I am physically feeling so much better now that im not under so much stress. Time will heal things for you. You deserve a better life.
    hugs, poodlemum
  6. diva2mi

diva2mi New Member

I really appreciate the good thoughts and advice. It is funny when I start trying to explain the situation to others and I say that I still love him, but the relationship isn't good for either him or me. Our expectations are so different now. This is why I am trying to take hold of the situation before it gets any worse.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You must be a strong person to keep your resolve. The only thing that is helping me is remembering the tough times and that he has a place to live.

Anyway, thanks!
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Is there someone else who could take your problematic boyfriend to his new place on Thursday. That would avoid any chance for a break down on your part. If he is manipulative, as many alcoholics are, why give him a chance to work on you.
  8. diva2mi

diva2mi New Member

well, it turns out that he just moved himself and some of his stuff yesterday while I was gone teaching and working with my college students. He is coming back over today to move some more stuff while I am here. I will always have contact with him as his two cats are staying with me and my cat until he finds a permanent home. Which may not be anytime soon or ever. I am happy to be their caretaker as I love cats.

Thanks for the advice littlebluestem. If he actually knew anyone here in town, I would make them do all of the moving.