Quick question for you all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Apr 4, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Ddduring the time since you ahve had fibro have dental appointments and treatments made your fibro flare? Has the work and sitting in the most uncomfotatable chair caused you to have stiffness & pain like you are walking on broken glass?

Has it taken you longer to recover from the work that has been done? ARE you more fatiqued than ever before and it will not go away?

I started out having to have 2 root canals done adn bbefore I could have them finished I got sick & didn't get them finished & then the tooth abcessed & it was a bad one more and more pain I had all the time. I had to hvae two round of antibiotics to make sure that the infection was gone and I still had the aches, pains and extreme ehustion that I have never ever felt.

I have the following conditions fibro, chronic meyofacial pain syndorme, chronic pain, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, two buldging dics L4-L5- L5- S1, both knees have sever arthritis as does my left wrist.I found out that arthritis flares too. so along with the flare from the fibro and the meyofacial pain syndrome I was flareing from my arthritis in my knees adn wrist adn back, it was harder to stand up and balance, the pain was unbearable, to the point I would get sick. I had swollen hands , fingers and knees and ankles too, when I would stand up it would feel like I was walking on broken glass that was on fire too.

NOthing I did to hel me recover seemed to help. I quit going out and doing things as the apin was so bad & I could not walk more than a half of a block,I have a never had or been in so much pain is all of my life except for the time I shattered my left wrist and this pain from the flare was darn close to that pain becasue it was never ending.

Has any one else had this problem before ? or from going to a dental office and having work done? I would like to know if this is just me or if this has happened to otherslike me. Please let me know. I must go now as my brain is shutting down and not thinking well.

Please hlep me find out if this problem is just me or if any oen lese has suffered from this problme from going to the dentist.

Thanks so much for your help.
    Rosemarie
    PS I will write about moer onhow I have been feeling but i am falling alseep as i am typing so I have to go to bed now.
  2. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Yes, it's the anaesthetic & the trauma that makes me flare - I had a tooth out yesterday (have given up having them root canal filled) & it made me feel dreadful. Today I'm really tired.
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Roesmarie:
    I had two root canals done on Monday and when I got home a flare started. I absolutely can not move. I do not want to walk or do a thing (and can not do them). I came here because I feel more connected to people who are going through the same thing as I am. I called the dentist and changed the appointments. I space they out a little more so I do not have to over do it. Feel better soon. I am in a flare now also.

hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I know I need to go to the dentist and am dreading it. Just having them clean my teeth causes me great pain for several months. I also can't tolerate the stuff they give you to numb your mouth. It makes my heart pound and I start sweating.
  5. crdmkr2004

crdmkr2004 New Member

Hi there
    I find if I take an ativan before I go that I am more relaxed so then my muscles don't tense and seize up. I even take one before a cleaning because Dentists have always freaked me out. Or maybe take a muscle relaxant and get someone else to drive you to the dentist and back.
    Hope this helps somewhat.
  6. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

work done (other than cleanings) in quite a few years so I'm not sure if this would affect me or not. I have had several surgeries in the past ten years and I always have a flare-up after each one. (and sometimes before since I get "nerved up" beforehand). Also, my recovery period is longer.

When I've had laparascopies (for endometriosis), my doctor does them on Thursdays and Fridays and always tells me I can go back to work on Monday. It never works that way for me. I wised up for my last laparascopy and took off the entire next week and was glad I did.

Ellen