Quick question.. jaw pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Jul 25, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Been about a month since I've last posted. I've been doing ok except for lack of sleep, fatigue and mild pain... LOL... I'm not in a flare so that's a good thing so I can deal with it.

Starting 2 weeks ago I've been waking up some days with pain in my left jaw joint... It's so bad today that my teeth don't touch on the left but do on the right... Has anyone experienced this?? I though I'd seen stuff here before but can't remeber! What's weird about it is every day I wake up with the jaw pain, I also have severe pain in my left thumb at the knuckle joint... Probally not related but who knows...

Thanks for any feedback!

Chris
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

this has been happening to me too but my teeth in the back on both sides don't touch together either..I really don't know what it could be but hopefully someone will answer your question so that we both can find the ansewr.

Ann
  3. cczub

cczub New Member

Thanks for the response. Like I said, this is totally new to me.. I've never had pain in the jaw like this before.
    I don't have any popping in the joint. Just pain. It only started 2 weeks ago, lasted for 2 days then went away. It came back again this morning and I had some pain in the ear but that's already gone.

Just trying to figure if this is linked with the Fibro or something else..
    [This Message was Edited on 07/25/2006]
  4. gnanny

gnanny New Member

You can search TMJ and get some ideas for relief. I had it but now better unless I get really stressed where I tense the jaw joints or clench. Many get a night guard splint to wear at night.

I seem to recall my orthodontist suggesting warm moist heat to the jaw.

Its a hard cycle to break. You tense up and the jaw reacts with pain, the more pain the tenser you get which causes more pain...

best wishes, stephanie
  5. cczub

cczub New Member

Stress would make sense... In the past 2 weeks I've run into some MAJOR money issues with my wife and last night we butted heads real bad over it.. This morning I woke up with the pain in the jaw... I'm just hoping this stress doesn't start another flare as I just got over the last one a few weeks ago...

I'll tell you it's a wierd feeling not being able to close my mouth on one side.. Makes it painful and hard to eat too...

Thanks for the feedback and I'll do a search here for TMJ to try to get some relief.