Quick question on Disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Quequay, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Quequay

Quequay New Member

I know I should just let it be, I applied for SSDI but I keep wondering things.
    My doctor left the practice and she diagnosed me and understood my limitations. I noted on my claim that her old office might be able to get in touch with her. The Doctor who took over is a complete opposite of my old doctor. Should I make an appointment with this new doctor too, before SSA starts my claim?

I have come to the realization that I am not going to get relief so I have stopped going to the Doctor frequently, especially since my old dr left. Is that a good idea?

Thank you for any help,
    Passing on lots of smiles to you all,
    Kristen
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I would definetely make an appointment to discuss this with the Doctor. Hopefully your old Doctor had everything documented for you in your chart. If i were you i would speak with the new Doctor to see where he/she stands with understanding Fibromyalgia that way if need be you can find someone who is going to support you with your Disability claim.
    It is also very important to see your Doctor every once in a while when applying for disability too.
    Hope this helps you.
    Joannie