QUICK QUIZ PICTURES: Game 5

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by rockgor, Oct 9, 2014.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here are some exotic animals. The first one lives right here in North America, but is
    seldom seen. It is bigger than a mouse and smaller than a rat.

Next we had this shaggy fellow from Africa. The females are much neater in appearance
    and hornless.

[​IMG]

And finally an animal from Asia. This picture was taken from a British site that
    was looking people to adopt animals in need. Only 14 P a day.

[​IMG]

Happy hunting
    Rock
  2. bct

bct Active Member

#1 is very celestial. (clue).
    #2 begins with n and ends with a (clue)
    #3 looks like it might be slow. (clue)

:rolleyes: Barry
  3. rockgor

Very good, Barry. You are definitely not slow. I am recommending you for the
    Raymond L. Ditmars Award for Nature Studies.

Tell Richard I just read bios of Edward Dmytryk and Howard Koch. They both had
    troubles with the House UnAmerican Committee. It may have been some comfort
    that Chairman J. Parnell Thomas was subsequently sent to federal prison.

Am currently reading bio of Charlotte Greenwood. Some great vids of her kicking
    up her heels on Youtube.

Rock
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

The first one is the star-nosed mole. Especially odd looking when you look at them straight on.

Only seeing the strange, large, wiggly nose, and no eyes.

SO glad to see this game back - it is so much fun to explore!

Thank you, Rock.
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

The second one is the Nyala. ( thanks Barry for clues).
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

The third, I'm guessing, could be a 'Slow Loris'?

I looked at a whole page of sloths. Some of them have huge smiles - never knew that.
  7. rockgor

Windblade, you are "Write With Eversharp!" You and Barry will each receive half
    of an Oscar. Did you know the sloth is related to the dolphins? That's why they
    have the same smile.

Ya think Oscar would be a good name for a sloth? The Baltimore Zoo had a
    contest to name a sloth a couple years ago. Don't know what name they picked,
    but the final four contenders were:

Iris
    Comden
    Waylay
    Izzy
    Lunar

What? You say that's four, not five? You're right. Well, incompetence seems to
    be the order of the in our modern world. Just see the daily news for confirmation.

Soul, are you there? I read "a 'luiaard" is sloth in Dutch. Is that right?

Time for my nap.
    Rock
  8. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Yes that's right Rock. Luiaard would translate into lazy one. Though sloths aren't lazy, they just need tremendous amounts of energy for their metabolism.
  9. rockgor

Hi Soul

Always good to hear from you. Sometimes I think I have the metabolism of a sloth.
    Haven't had much energy for about 35 years.

Been doing any arts and crafts lately? I bet you've never constructed a loris or a sloth.

Rock
  10. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

I'm working on the calf I have in my profile picture Rock. But in paper mache and with bendable joints so it can both lie down and stand up, a new challenge. And I'm needlefelting (woolmoulding by pounding it witht a needle) an elephant and just finished a little bear keyhanger for a niece and am working on a drawing of a white tiger. A1.jpg