Quick Tip for Spouses

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 30feeling80, Jul 12, 2006.

1. 30feeling80

30feeling80 New Member

My husband is often concerned as to what he's going to walk into when he comes home from work. He doesn't know what type of day I've had or what mood I'm in, or what he can expect from me.

So, his idea; I use the kids refrigerator magnets to guage my day from 1-5. (1 is good, productive; 5 is 'Oh God, take me now!')

I put the number in the upper left hand corner of the fridge, way at the top where the kids can't reach. Husband comes thru the back door into the kitchen, sees the number and knows whether he should ask me whats for dinner or grab a carry out menu.

Works for us.
    Darlene :)
  2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Of the house so he could keep on going!!!!!LOL.
    No that is a good idea because sometimes I hate to keep saying I feel like crap and talk about it.
    Thank you for the tip,I'll get some magnets.
    Hugs,
    Mary
  3. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I may send hubby after magnets this afternoon. That was an excellent idea!! And it just may save a life (lol)...
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I cant use it I have stainless steel they don't stick..

I think Ill just tape a # on the door.That way he can turn back LOL.

For Every Day a New Dawn Will Come.......Sue
  5. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

What a great idea.

I think I'll take that approach at my house.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I work and my DH is retired. Maybe I should walk in waving a numbered flag. Or throw a numbered rock through the window before I open the door.

Not only would he know how I'm doing, but throwing the rock would be a great stress reliever!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

you could always put PMS up for that or a Menopause code in fact stickums are good on the bathroom mirror, start his day out right.LOL

8. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

that is so cool.
  9. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

I text my hubby on the way home in the am. I tell him how far away if i am. if i'm not there in that amount of time he comes downstairs. sometimes i text him from the driveway that i'm having trouble getting out of the car. The best thing we ever did was buy cell phones that had text messaging. Neither of us go anywhere without our phone and we are in constant contact with each other. If i need help and he's home he's there pretty quick.

Angell