Quick Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been on the gallbladder diet and my digestion problems, while not completely gone, are improved. I saw the doc this morning and I am going to add one thing at a time back into my diet to try to see if there is something I'm allergic to. If this doesn't clear up, I'll have to schedule an endoscopy.

The Red Tide outbreak is still causing exhaustion with swollen lymph nodes, neurotoxicity, and labored breathing. I'm on my inhaler and other meds. I won't be online much until I get some of the exhaustion under control.

Finally, my labs were better than they have been in years. My SED rate was a six which means that the excess fibrin, which had it down to a one at one point, probably hasn't returned. This test isn't definitive but is an indicator. My HMO would not pay for the ISAC panel which would confirm this. The Heparin injections evidently took care of the problem. This bodes well too for my chronic infections. If they were not under control, the fibrin would likely also not be under control.

I've known for some time that I am getting better but it's always nice to have the labs confirm it. My cholesterol is excellent for someone my age. It's lower than last time.

My docs and I have been treating aggressively now for about five years. Progress is extremely slow but it just takes time. I doubt I will ever be 100 percent until there is a cure, but if I can get to 80 percent overall, I will be happy. One thing about progress is that it's slower in the beginning and picks up the pace as one goes along. There are also relapses and one has to be patient and keep saying, "This too shall pass."

I post this because I think it is helpful for everyone to see that progress is possible. For all new members who don't know this, five to six years ago, I was bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for the pain. No matter how sick we are, if we can find the right treatments and make healthy lifestyle changes, progress can be made. Best of luck and prayers for healing for everyone.

Love, Mikie
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I;m also on morphine now.You give me hope.Linda
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh this is so good to have that progress. I actually played a little tennis this morning. Yes, it hurt a lot, but it was just a little and it made me feel better. Could I have done this 6 months ago. No way.

There is always hope.

Love Anne
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

hear your good news, Mikie.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope is sooooo important. It isn't always easy to have hope when we are the sickest with our illnesses. I think it's the most important thing. I've seen people who have had their hopes dashed too many times and they have given up. They decide that there is no hope and nothing will help them. It, sadly, becomes a self-fulfilled prophecy. A treatment which might otherwise stand a chance of working may not work when someone believes nothing will help. Even worse, if the "BLEEP" movie is correct, a person can become addicted to these negative emotions. The woman who did this groundbreaking research played a big role in the movie's premise.

I just read an article in today's newspaper in which it was stated that people can learn to be more optimistic. The movie says if we change our paradigm, our brains will make new neural connections. We can train how we interact with our world.

Just knowing that it is possible to achieve healing is a powerful reason to keep the faith.

Love, Mikie