Quick update

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by EricaCFIDS, Apr 9, 2008.

1. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

Hi,

I am writing to those of you who have written me and I haven't yet responded. First of all, I'm sorry! I'm usually able to write back right away. I'm having problems with my husband and I'm just overwhelmed. It's almost more than I can deal with on top of everything else. Anyway, it's not your problem! I will be okay. I'm just off track with everything else in my life. I wanted you all to know the reason why. I will write you back soon! ( :

I had my blood drawn today for my repeat IGENEX WB test and had it sent off. I'm encouraged by that. I should be able to have my follow up with my LLMD in a few weeks. I'll keep you posted!

Please keep me in your prayers,
    Erica

P.S. Is Doxy a "truth serum" or am I just feeling better and more clear headed?[This Message was Edited on 04/09/2008]
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

---you just take care of yourself and do what must be done.

We will be thinking good thoughts for successful resolutions

of your concerns!

Huggles,
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 04/09/2008]
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

you're in my thoughts... it's hard enough to deal with the stress of illness on top of life's stresses, I am so sorry it's all hitting the fan at once...

all the best,
    Victoria
  4. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

I woke up this morning and thought I should delete my message. It feels so awful to have such problems, but then I read what each of you wrote and I cried. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I will weather this just like everything else. I am a strong person and have other support. I'm just sleeping terribly and that makes all of my symptoms worse and my thinking so drained. I should get a break this week-end though and be able to catch up on my sleep.

You are all wonderful friends and amazing support! I can't tell you enough what it means to me. I'm so glad I shared with you what is going on. I'm determined to see this lyme issue through and get my answers and help. You have all helped me so much in that too! I really do appreciate it.

There was one thing I was wondering.....my LLMD gave me a metal toxicity test to do and I have to go off of the Doxy for the day when I do it (I plan to on Monday). Would it be a bad idea to go off of the Doxy just today until Tuesday (for 5 days) and then start on it again? I miss the sun and think it's therapeutic benefits might be really wonderful for me this week-end. We are supposed to have weather nearing 80 degrees here and I'd love to be able to be in the sun and work in my garden. I know the Doxy takes 2 days to leave your system, but I took it the last time last night and wouldn't be in the sun until Saturday. I'm just really craving it! Would it be a big deal? Please give me your thoughts. Thank you!

With love and hugs back,
    Erica
  5. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

Hello there,

Even if I have been off of the Doxy for 2 days will I still burn? I need some sunscreen anyway, but I'd like to not have to wear a 30+ to be outside. I found notes from my LLMD saying I need to be off of Doxy for 48 before doing the 6 hour urine challenge test. I don't see why a few extra days would matter, but I'm not the expert. Will it affect anything if I'm off for 5 days instead of just 2? I just want to do the right thing. Thanks for answering if you know!

I hope you are doing well. When do you see Dr. C again?

( : Erica
  6. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

Hi,

I'm working on slowly writing everyone back, but I thought I'd give an update. My husband and I have had some tough talks but it's been like a total emotional cleanse for me! We have a lot more to do and work out, but have made ground and it's a huge relief to have gotten all of our issues out on the table and to be actually working on them. I'm still pretty wiped out from this but we are making progress, so I'm very happy about that. I guess there's no good time to deal with big problems in life. ( :

I'm waiting to have my follow-up appt with my LLMD. I will report his diagnosis when I do. I'm getting impatient for it, but there's nothing I can do but wait.

I'm curious did any of you have the CD57 test done? If so, was it helpful or conclusive? I'm getting tested for that, per my request from another doctor.

Also, our dear old black lab "Wesley" is turning 12 in a few weeks and has been so healthy and happy until the past few days. I noticed a greater amount of fatigue and he looked sore when he walked or moved. I was concerned so I took him to the vet today to be looked over and tested for lyme. He doesn't have it. I'm so glad. What's interesting is the appt took a total of about 20 minutes (including drawing blood and getting the results on the lyme test), cost only $65, we were treated well and with obvious concern and seriousness about the lyme, and I got an answer before I left!! Why can't people be treated this way?! It's just such an obvious contrast after this appt. Also, I asked the vet how often she sees a positive case of lyme. She said 1 a day!!!! They have a map of the U.S. in their office and it states that lyme has been found in every state and California is one of the higher states with instances of lyme (among several others, Texas, states in the Northeast and upper midwest). It's all just mind boggling to me that people can't be looked at in the same way, treated with the same decency, charged less money and given real answers.....ARGH!!!

Thanks for listening to my rant! lol! I hope you are all doing well. Thanks again for your caring words of encouragement! ( :

All the best,
    Erica
  7. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

And here I thought we were being treated like dogs all of this time.....turns out we have been treated worse than dogs!! LOL!

My LLMD, said, BTW, to not make any major decisions during treatment. That goes for divorce, etc., just because there is too much going on with you, your body and mind right now. If it makes you feel any better, I had horrible marital problems last year, but we have known each other for a long time, and decided to take some time and try to work on things to make it "better".

My husband now jokingly says "I wish I was still married to my first wife.....you know, the one I had the first 15 yrs!" Chronic illness affects everyone in the family. We have all talked about it, and it seems odd to see how the others have viewed this. I know that it must be hard for them, though.

Hang in there, get treated, and just take things a day at a time.

Bunny
  8. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

My sweet dog tested negative for lyme! He's getting to be quite the senior so the vet thinks it's most likely just aging and to let her know in a few weeks how he's doing after giving him some daily pain relief (buffered aspirin). It was just such a nice experience to walk into an office, say you think it's lyme, they test my dog out of sincere concern and charge a meager fee! It was so refreshing after what I've been through to find an answer so quickly and with such care for him!

My Dad always said he wished he could go to our family vet for his health checks! LOL! And he taught doctors. Dogs definitely get better treatment!

Thank you for your great advice! I completely agree with you. I also had a friend once say a woman should never make a serious decision during her cycle! LOL! Great advice as well! It's the same concept and worth listening to. I find it very interesting that I suddenly got great clarity on our relationship all of a sudden. After all we've all been through with these illnesses, we are trained to think "okay, what did I do, take, eat differently to cause this change??". I immediately thought of the Doxy. Who knows, but it seems likely.

Yes, chronic illness is not for wimps or the weak hearted, or the same goes for good relationships. My husband is pretty hardy and understanding, but I think maybe he has disengaged somewhat as a defense mechanism for him. We've talked a lot about how he's dealing with stress and me too. It's very therapeutic. We've been together a long time and know how to talk rationally no matter what (well mostly, lol!). He's very calm and willing to listen, so that helps too. We've already been through a lot together. We just need to learn how to deal with it communicating as a team.

It does make me feel better to hear you dealt with a similar situation and worked through it. I could see my husband saying the exact same thing!

Thanks for writing! ( :

All the best,
    Erica

[This Message was Edited on 04/17/2008]
  9. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

Hi,

I'm in the process of writing you an email, but first I erased it and then I just can't seem to finish it! It'll be coming soon. I just wanted to post you back real quick!

I remember you talking about your results for the CD57 test. I actually decided to ask Dr. M at my appt to have the test done through LabCorp after reading Dr. Burrascano's paper. I'm curious what my result would be and I'm having him send a copy to my LLMD (who I follow-up with a week from Monday).

You'll hear from me soon. I'm just so busy right now catching up with my regular life after going through so much with my personal life these past 2 weeks. I'm treating myself to a pedicure today too! I can't wait!

I hope you're doing well!

Best wishes,
    Erica
  10. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

My dog is okay, just getting to be an old boy. ( : Thanks.

Yes, all is out on the table and it's like a giant breath of fresh air. Men should come with blueprints! lol! Just kidding. Maybe women should just lighten up......( :

I hope you're doing well! I haven't seen you around as much. Of course, I have been MIA too.

Take care,
    Erica

P.S. I never did get out in the sun at all, despite going off of the doxy for 5 days. I couldn't take it!

11. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

Hi,

Thank you for your very helpful and heartfelt response! I really do appreciate all that you shared. It was an eye opener. I felt much like you desribed, but knew better not to go too far with it somehow. Patience isn't my best virtue, but over the years being a mother has really honed that skill. I'm also in a place where I realize being rational is the best way to go. I am never mean and I am always willing to talk or listen. Time is an amazing healer.

I agree with you about what kind of Mom you are or maybe just how you think you are. The fact that you think about it at all tells me you are probably a great mom, just too hard on yourself. I'm sure your son understands and knows that you really do care for him, even though your abilities are strained. Having a parent that is emotionally connected is often far better than the ones who physically do a bunch with them. I know I could be more, but I'm also home every day and I use all the energy I have in parenting. I'm raising good, polite kids and even though I'm often an easy target for them, I know they appreciate me and love me. I'm sure your son is the same.

I'm sorry about your first relationship. It may be that you did do the right thing. You'll just never know. I can see that dealing with chronic illness alone would be incredibly hard. I'm sorry you have dealt with that. Have faith that you'll improve and maybe someone will still be in your future. Sometimes the least likely things happen!! Life is full of surprises. ( : God is in control.

I wish you the best in your path to good health! Thanks for sharing your story with me. It meant a lot.

All the best,
    Erica
  12. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

ha ha ha ha!

You are such a big help! Thanks, now I get it. This should REALLY help a lot of women out there.....You would be an interesting marriage counselor! ( :

~Erica
  13. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

Yes, of course! You make me laugh. I love to laugh. The world can be so serious and feeling lousy adds to that, so I love to lighten up and laugh at life! I'm a kidder too, so not to worry at all. Thanks for making me laugh. It's great. I really need it after the last few weeks of stressful moments.....

Yes, I actually just was on it. Do you have ESP or something? I never posted a picture on here. There's quite a few odd/angry people lurking about here, shall I say? I'm trying to be nice, but it's true! There's also lots of really nice people here and lots of them are there too. Lymezone seems so friendly and nice, so I took on the challenge of posting it and I did it! It was fun. You should try it. I'm still learning how to navigate around, but it's a very good site.

I'm glad to hear someone else has the heat intolerance issue. I really don't care for it. I used the a/c too!! Even in my house recently when I was cleaning. We have a lot of windows in our house, so it's like a giant sunroom. Great in the winter, but really lousy on the warm days. We have lots of skylights too. It's tough! I'm great if I can cool off in water, but otherwise it's a challenge. I'm secretly dreading the summer heat here. It makes me think more and more that Babesia is one of my issues, even though my IGENEX test was negative. Hmmmm.....I really dread the treatment though after reading your experience.

Now, go and make someone else laugh. It's your gift, you should share it.

All the best,
    Erica