QuickQuiz: Pictures

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by ConfusedInPA, Oct 1, 2014.

1. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

What is this???? Where is this????

I guess that I should let y'all google this one! :)

All guesses are welcome!

Good luck.

qq1.jpg

Diane:D

As Soul said: These are the fairy chimneys!

"Fairy chimneys in Göreme, Cappadocia. These are weird formations, reminding of chimneys. After a long time of erosion, soft stone have formed pillars with "roofs" of hard volcanic ash. Inside many of the chimneys people have built caves."
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

I googled weird soft stone pilars in image search and found them. I'll post the answer in white so those who want to find them themselves still can. The answer is:
    Fairy chimneys in Göreme, Cappadocia. These are weird formations, reminding of chimneys. After a long time of erosion, soft stone have formed pillars with "roofs" of hard volcanic ash. Inside many of the chimneys people have built caves.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kids

Nice pic, Diane. Soul, somebody posted in white previously. Was that you? Anyhoo,
    I didn't know how to read it then, and still don't. I guess the nice thing about
    writing in white is that if you make a mistake, you don't need to apply Wite-out
    or correction fluid.

My search of the web revealed the intriguing rocks are found in the aptly named
    Love Valley in Turkey. Formed by erosion from volcanic rock.

Here I thought they were giant petrified asparagus spears. Probably from the
    Peterzoic Period.

Rock
  4. windblade

windblade Active Member

Great to see this game here again! I've missed it.
  5. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I thought Stonehenge was melting! GB
  6. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Rock if you copy the invisible text like you would copy visible text the lines will show up in the blue from the copy ;)

Shhhhhh don't tell anyone :p
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

AHA! Ya know, I think I tried that before and it didn't work. But this time it
    did! Thanks for the info.

Next question. How do you type in white? I remember when I was a kid
    we used lemon juice for invisible ink. It turned brown when heated.

Computers never cease to amaze. Or to frustrate.

Rock
    :cool::):p
  8. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

When you want to type in any color you select te word you want to color and then click the A with the grey line beneath it. Then pick a color and that word will change to that color select white and it will change to white. Or just first select the color and then start typing.
  9. ConfusedInPA

ConfusedInPA Well-Known Member

Hooray Soul! You got it!

And I won't tell the answer, in case others are still guessing.

Diane :)

PS: I forgot to say: Glad to see all the replies. Good to hear from you all!!!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014